Adcom GFA-7605 Amplifiers

• Defining high performance and high value!
  • 125 watts x 5 channels into 8 ohms all channels driven
  • Gold plated RCA inputs
  • Gold Plated 5 way binding post speaker terminals
  • Huge torriodial transformers
  • Mono block power supply design for all channels
  • 100,000 micro Farads of power supply capacitance.
  • Power bandwidth 10 Hz –100kHz
  • 12 volt trigger on circuit
  • Dimensions 5.25x17x15
  • Unit weight: 42lbs.
  • Finish – black or black w/ silver (GFA-7605S)

Submitted by monterey audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Adcom 7605 both to satisfy a desire for a high quality amplifier and a need to replace a receiver that had been damaged. In short, I had been looking to upgrade my sound system and finally had an excuse. The 7605, in truth, was a second choice. The first, an Adcom 5400 model, had an attractive price and a good reputation for two channel stereo. When I found the 7605 and had time to research its potential and its 5 channel capability at 125 watts, I returned the 5400 without even trying it. When I finally received the 7605, I was more than satisfied. I paired the amp with a Sony TA-9000ES a/v controller, JBL L3 speakers, Polk CS225 center speaker and Polk subwoofer and the 7605 brought the system to life. The JBL L3s never sounded better, and the surrond imaging is phenomenal.

Purchased At:   ebay vendor

Submitted by Aspiring Audiophile a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I am surprised no one has written a review about this model. So I will be the first. I must say that when I was looking to buy an Adcom amp. They were not too many dealers carrying Adcom products. A few dealers who were supposed to be authorized dealers told me they had dropped the brand.

Anyway, I have had this amp for 6 months now. I am using it to bi-amp the Paradigm 11 SE MKIII (four channels of Adcom) plus the fifth channel to power the CC 350 centre channel. Denon 3300 is doing Pre/Pro duties plus powering the rear channels (Mini Monitors 3). Paradigm PW2200 is my sub.

I have to admit the sound quality has improved considerably over that of the Denon AVR 3300 on its own. The sound is fuller, more detailed with better resolution.

I would like to read about other owners of this amp with their opinion.

I have to admit sound has

Purchased At:   New York