Adcom GFA-7300 Amplifiers

4.5/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

Submitted by john_john a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
For $320.00 nothing can touch it in 5 channel. But, I must admit that my NAD 302 was more musical/warm with my Paradigm 3seMKII. I have the 7se/350cc now and it fills my small home well. I imaime I would have to step way up in price to compete with it. Any advise?

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Scott Y a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Smooth clean clear power. Really want the next model up for my speakers but it handles everything well. Lots of reserve power for transients and strong passages. Works like a charm in my small apartment. Now I can get the high end sound for low price in my small room.

Submitted by Jared Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have auditioned many units (many more expensive!) before I settle for this one. This unit is comparable to many other more expensive model. It has been in my living room for the last year, and I am very impressed with it. It is nice to look at, and the sound is great for both stereo and home theater. I used to listen to music in 2 channel mode, but music from 5 channel mode is definitely much BETTER! Won't go back to 2 channel, sorry! The power output is definetely more than it is advertised! I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a faithful 5 channel amp. A steal for an amp just under $1k.

Purchased At:   local audio store

Submitted by Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
This amp is great. It really shines with vocal jazz music, for example Diana Krall. In comparison, it sounds just as good, if not better than the NAD 216THX which is rated as more than double the power. Not to say the NAD isn't impressive, but for 60w/ch this amp is gorgeous.

I know this isn't an audiophile class amp, but for mid-fi and it's price, it deserves a five star rating.

System:
Rotel RX-875
NAD 512 cd player
MIT cables
PSB stratus silvers

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have used this product for almost half a year, and I have to say I am getting a lot in return for what I have shelled out for this product. Although it is said to produce ~60W per channel, but it seems to be more powerful than that.
I have teamed it with the Adcom GTP 600 pre-amp, Adcom GDD-1, Energy eXL26 (Front), eXL center, eXL Rears, Velodyne CT-120, and a Rotel 971 CD player (hooked with Kimber Kable Hero interconnect, and Monster Cables & connections (12 gauge)for speakers).
Guess what, I find myself rushing home these few days to listen to all my CD's again. It is surely relaxing to hear Joni Mitchell singing "Both sides now" in surround, and equally fun and exciting to hear the bullet cases in "Matrix" and "Saving Pri. Ryan". I strongly reccommend this system to people who want quality "mid-fi" music but the wife is nagging at your back about its cost.

BLG CP024: