Adcom GFA-2535
Description: Preamp/processor

Submitted by lmtran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this amp after seriously read reviews of others. I found your info is really valuable for my decision and the amp is as good as you have valued. Detail in treble and mid and it really bring me a new idea on how a good sound stage is. However, as others reviewed, 2535 is soft on bass. One good point is I can bi-amp my speakers within a narrow budget. I have used a Audio Premier Alice amplifier(US product but I could not find any info regarding this on the net) before turning to 2535. This one is not as good as 2535 that I found smoother treble with the 2535.

In sum, really good amp for entry level as I am. Budget equip to try bi-amp.

Purchased At:   Vietnam

Submitted by Jim Matthews a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Adcom GFA-535 represents one of the all time best bargains in reasonable high-end audio, and the 2535 puts two in one chassis with the flexibilty to operate in two useful modes. The low price and modest power rating are deceptive, as it can out-perform high-end amplifiers with much higher rated output sold at many times the price. Using a B&K Reference 30 as the preamp (recently replacing a Carver CT-17, and before that an Adcom GTP-400), my GFA-2535 drives four AR-3a speakers, which are 4 ohms nominal and notoriously inefficient (I used to drive all four in parellel (i.e.- 2 ohms per channel) with a _single_ GFA-535 - no problem!). The sound quality is outstanding with all types of music and the amp can support volume levels higher than I can stand. Highly recommended!

Submitted by earwax a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have used this amp for the last 30 months with my XA Snell speaker system to power the rear speakers with no problems. Since my Adcom 5800 blew the left channel and my left speaker again I have moved my Adcom 555mkII from the center to the mains and bridged the 2535 to 200 watts on one side. Now I have to contend witht he Adcom 5800 being fixed then I am going to sell it. It has blown one Snell Type D speaker, one Snell Q speaker and one Polk SDA 1 speaker. F@#k it.

Purchased At:   New

Submitted by jtd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got this amp for winning a sales contest. Actually i think I had to shell out like $200 for the amp. Anyway, Overall this amp is great for the home theater enthusiast. I have not used the rear channels yet so untill i get around to installing my inwall speakers, I'm not sure how they will sound. The front center channel (200 watts mono?) sounds great with the GFA5800 driving the mains. I will be picking up the new 5.1, 7.1 GFP-830 to use with this combo. I will be submitting a review shortly after this.

Purchased At:   GoodGuys

Submitted by Dominic Cardon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
Seems to have it's way with my DCM CX-17's, and B&W 601 S2's.
Excellent build and quality. Later I plan on using the mono
side for my center channel and the other two for surrounds. This amp is rated at(60 X 4) or (60 X 2 and 200 X 1). However it seems to be really under rated giving more than expected.

Using Pre-amp PT 2500 from Harman/kardon
CD - CX90ES 200 changer from Sony
Cables - Spellcaster II from audio magic
EQ - technics SH - 8017
book shelf speakers 2 X DCM CX-17's, and 2 X B&W 601 S2's.

Only the beginning