Yamaha RX-V730 A/V Receivers

4.36/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $433.95

Submitted by Norman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I'm very satisfied with the performance of this rx-v730 yamaha amp.I bought this unit december2006 upto now no any problems.Sound quality is superb and I'm using also yamaha 5,1 speakers.

Submitted by cal a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
My wife and I researched for six months before we made our purchase of this reciever. We wanted a good quality, durable reciever that we could keep for years. Well after our third move in two years it work the same as always, till the reciever just suddenly died with no warning. The repair shop said it was going to cost about $325 to $350 to repair it. We are very disappointed in its short lived proformence.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by bastard squad a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
to qualify my opinion, let me say i started out with an entry level technics av reciever, mission 701 bookshelf fronts, mission 70X center (missions about 3 yrs old)and some cheapo sony rears. i set the rvx730 up with those speakers and played some dvd movies,dvd music and finally some audio cds through my philips dvd player. all i can say is that it was a whole new experience and i realised i hadnt been doing the 701's justice with the cheap amp i previously used . the home theatre aspect was VASTLY improved. i was so impressed that i went out and bought new mission m74i's and chucked the 701's on the rear giving me mission all round. the rvx 730 now sounds STUNNING. home theatre is now quite an experience, im sure the neighbours hate it when we watch movies.
the old technics amp had a powered sub channel which i had a 15" passive sub on. with the m74i fronts no sub is needed to get room shaking bass effects in movies down to about 40 hz.
the amp in stereo mode driving the m74i fronts sounds good to me, very solid clear well defined sound ,havent been past -23db for music or home theatre.in prologic 2 music mode it is quite stunning(although a little processed sounding) but i prefer just the fronts for cd audio---call me a purist. also note, on the old technics unit i was forever tweaking the bass/treble---not so for the yamaha, i havent touched them..no need to sounds awesome with everything set neutral--just like a decent amp should.the unit also has a pre out which i may need in the future if purchasing a decent amp/s to biamp my new fronts

"With DVDs the seperation is far better than the cheaper amp. I have to admit to having a better speaker setup though. Top Gun has the planes screaming around the room. Gladator and Das Boot are unbeleivable. The digital volume control takes a bit of getting used to. The amp has to be turned up when playing DVD's. The dynamic range of DVDs is that much greater and at -10db the voices are at normal level but when a cannon or depth charge explodes your ears also explode. Music is very loud at -15db and -25db is what I normaly set it to for CDs."

id have to agree with all of this, ive had the cat streaking across the room frightened out of its wits when a movie suddenly erupted when the action kicked in after some dialogue(gf was less than impressed lol).
marry this reciever with a decent pair of floorstanding fronts and for a mid price unit you wont be disappointed.

when i bought it i was leaning towards a more powerfully rated and more expensive pioneer unit, but the salesperson said do yourself a favour, buy this, its better priced and has better cd audio quality and very good HT quality--he wasnt wrong. im using mine 50/50 for music and HT so i needed a compromise. pioneer great HT but not as great music. ive no complaints about the audio quality, even with my cheapo dvd player ive heard nuances in tracks ive listened to for years that ive never heard before...that speaks for itself.
i liked the remote too, learning function works well with all my gadgets, altho some ppl seem to have issues with this.

Purchased At:   auckland so $NZ

Submitted by bastard squad a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2003

Purchased At:   auckland so $NZ

Submitted by Yamaha1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
The RX-V730 is a high class receiver in my view. The front pannel connection makes setting up something portible easy.

The power is a high as well. 80 x 6 plus the 2 front effects are awesome.

The On-Screen display is a pretty cool feature as well. You can control absolutly everything on the receiver that way.

This is probably the best receiver I have.

Purchased At:   Lasalle Electronics