Yamaha RX-V496 Receiver A/V Receivers

The RX-V496 is Yamaha's least expensive receiver that incorporates Dolby Digital and DTS Decoding and Yamaha Digital Sound Field Processing. The RX-V496 also provides ways to customize many of these sound field settings for your particular room. Specific aspects of a sound field, such as center delay time, speaker size, and others can be adjusted, displayed on the front panel and set so they're always there in a given mode. The new thin profile remote control keypad is ergonomically designed for easy access to the most often used features, functions and operations. It can operate Yamaha A/V components and has pre-set codes for popular brands of TVs, VCRs, DVD players and cable/DBS boxes. The RX-V496 is a versatile receiver incorporating 4-sets of audio/video inputs, (including 2 S-Video inputs), and 3 pairs of audio-only inputs. Yamaha's famed low impedance drive circuitry is included in this receiver so that it can handle virtually all loads and a wide variety of speakers. For further speaker matching, ...

Submitted by alsoundsgood a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I just wanna say that I sold this product to a friend of mine about 8 years ago and the product is working like it did when I took it out of the box. This receiver was a very clear amd accurate receiver, it had an extremely low THD level as well as very high RMS and total wattage level for all 5 channels(7 if you are using the Main B as well). This was a very flexible receiver with multiple options for setup. Plenty of different effects and it never showed any signs of weakness when I had it at high volume. Natural sound receiver this definately was. The only receivers I willever purchase in the near or distant future will alway be YAMAHA. Value for the money is more and then some.

Submitted by Al Green III a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
Firsto ff I would just like to say I sold it to a friend of mine about 8 years ago and the receiver is still working like the day I bought it if not better than ever. This is a very strong receiver with lots of flexability for its time. It was a very cleatr an accurate receiver with a very low THD level. It more than met my expectations for the 8 years I had it prior to selling it and setting it up for my friend and he always gives me nothing but compliments on the receiver to this day. Natural sound is what this receiver does best. I had it set-up with a combination of Paradigm and Klilpsch speakers and the components used for audio were Yamaha and at the time, the DVD player was Sony. The only AV home theater I will ever purchase now and in the distant future will be from Yamaha.

High End: