Yamaha R-V1105 A/V Receivers

4.4/5 (104 Reviews) MSRP : $700.00

Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver

Submitted by Dave W. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2015

Bottom Line:
I found this at a thrift shop (no remote though) and had it hooked up to a pair of Polk bookshelf speakers in my bedroom and it sounded pretty good. I just finished restoring a pair of Klipsch LaScalas and now have it running through them and a Conrad Johnson MF-2100 amp and it sounds awesome... Clean and crisp. I only wish I had a bigger room to really turn it loose. If you can pick one up, do it.

Submitted by GeorgeB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2014

Bottom Line:
Another great Yamaha receiver. I have this hooked up for kitchen to a pair of B&A S-45's and a pair of Radio shack speakers (the bookshelf models with the ? tweeter thing on top under a cloth grill. Sounds very good and has been in constant use for over 3 years now for this purpose. It was my first Craig's List receiver purchase ($40) and had a 1 year use by me as home theater receiver where it also performed flawlessly. Sturdily built and great clean sound. Put into kitchen because I replaced home theater with a Yamaha RX-V1, two Denon 3805's, and a Denon 3801 all hooked up to PC via distribution amplifier. My wife is insane because she lets me have receivers in every room in the house (and garage of course) and more vintage speakers than anyone could imagine. Sounds good to me though. If you find this receiver cheap buy it, it is still a wonderfully built and good sounding unit.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Nash a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Excellent build, crisp highs and controlled lows.
No heating issues like Technics I use a lot.
It is barely warm in a very tight shelf.

Remote is great, receiver output more than enough (somehow louder than specified).

Excellent and highly recommended. Had it for over a year on Technics fronts and Yamaha rears, enjoying more every day...

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by JEMuth a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is an amazing piece of audio equipment. Cinema DSP = AWESOME, Digital / DTS decoding is flawless, 85 watts are more than addequite. nice interface quality remote.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Jeff Hyder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
For the money, I really think this is one of the better setups out there on the market. I have this reciever hooked to a set of Magnepan SMGa speakers with a 10" 200 watt sub. It really sounds good. Clean, airy and transparent. I have owned and have friends that own much more expensive systems and maybe will reach louder listening levels but they dont ever really seem to sound any better. I like music at a nominal level but not so lund that my ears distort. This is an extremely clean setup that at lower volume levels can conjure the image and soundstage of much more expensive systems. So, if your one who listens to music for the pleasure and not the punishment, then this could be the reciever for you. Love it.

Purchased At:   Best buy