Yamaha RX-V800
Description: 5-channel receiver providing finest performance and processing available for music and video sound. 5 channels are: L/R Main, Front Ctr, L/R Rear Effects. It has a phantom Rear Center to deliver the newest 6-channel formats Dolby Digital Matrix 6.1 and DTS ES. Features Yamaha's Digital Sound Field Processing, Cinema DSP, Tri-Field Processing, Dolby Surround Pro Logic, Dolby Digital processing, Digital ToP-ART design for signal integrity, is compatible with Panja and Crestron for easy set-up.

Submitted by Eddie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought my Yamaha RX-V800 since 2001 and it is stunning, awesome and wonderful piece of AV amplifier. As of this date May 2011, this AV receiver still working excellent and the sound quality does not change. Other brands I heard they have some deteriorating sound quality. I love my RX-V800 and I cannot afford to sell it since it is still performing well. The durability of RX-V800 is very strong due to it's high quality parts.

It endures the hardship due to high humidity, ambient room temperature sometimes it reaches to 40deg. C without AC, but still this animal working like cow plowing in the rice field. I used this for my 5.1 home theater DTS ES and hook up with JBL LX-80T as front floor standing 3-way with the center using Infinity while the rear surround sound are handled by Canton Plus-S. The Sub-woofer is a 12" JBL GT5-S12 a car subwoofer with its own power amplifier separate from the enclosure, a custom made sub-woofer enclosure which is used in the car.

I felt the bass is outstanding specially the fine signal is fed from Yamaha. I did not felt any distortion.

I am now planning to buy a new Yamaha RX-V667 to upgrade my HT since, a new Toshiba 55WX800U 3D LED edge lit LCD HDTV will be arriving soon with the panasonic 3D wifi ready blu-ray player. The RX-V800 will remain to us as my baby which will be located inside our master bedroom while the new upcoming setup will be in the living room.

I cannot disposed the RX-V800 due to its durability and excellent sound quality and performance that had worked for 10yrs with us and my family are enjoying it while they are singing for karaoke. I just only maintain it by opening the cover and vacuum spray every 2yrs. to remove the dust and spray the volume control and switches with contact cleaner to maintain the conductivity. It is normal to maintain the AV receiver due to each long year of service to us without giving me headache. It had never experienced ever since by the hand of technician to repair neither encounter parts replacement. Yamaha demonstrate their product excellence and can be trusted that is the reason why I will buy another new Yamaha AV Receiver model for this new generation digital home theater.
GOOD job Yammy!

Submitted by Hernando Esguerra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
Amplificador que dá un excelente sonido, deseo recibir mayor informacion.
Note: No speack English, thank you.

Submitted by TT230 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is a slightly unfair review seeing as this amp as spent alot of time in 2ch stereo mode. In this mode it is easy to distinguish against simarlaly priced stereo amplifiers. The yamaha delivers alot of the sound but lacks refinement, which is a shame, I would also say that the manufacturers output ratings are somewhat of an overstatement, again compared with a similarly priced dedicated stereo amp with around half the power and you will see what I mean. The amp itself is well constructed as norm with yammys. The menu and even the remote are relatively straight-forward to master IMHO.

I would recommend paying no more than £200 for stereo speakers, anymore and I would consider this to be un-economical.

Overall,good stereo amp providing your speakers are not too revealing..

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds

Submitted by TWag a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased the RXV-800 the first month it was available and was excited about the 5 channel stereo. Going from an old Sony theater package to the Yamaha had much better processing, and showed its muscles in both the 5 channel stereo music playback and 100 watt to each rear speaker during surround playback. At the time, I was using JBL speakers; all of which were rated at 150 watts each with a 92db sensitivity rating. For a 5 channel receiver, it did its job well and made the JBL's shine. I sold it to move on to the RXV-2400.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by jelly109 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Receiver is a great bargain and very solid made. I like the slim and learning remote, once set up, it controls all equipment very well. Opposite to other postings I can state that the central part of the terminals can be removed so that they can take banana plugs. Tuner part is a lot weaker than the quality of the amp.

Purchased At:   Online