Technics SA-TX50 A/V Receivers

4.73/5 (26 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

Submitted by FHA a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
TECHNICS SA-TX50 A WORLD ICON IN DESIGN OF THE 20TH CENTURY

SPEAKING of AUDIO equipment, commonly SE write REVIEWS, comments experiences ETC., with respect to his sound, qualities and qualities in media bass and TREBLE, answers of frequency, sensitivity (db), STAGE, image, body ETC. etc. AND MANY THINGS MORE, AND IT IS VERY LOGICAL BECAUSE WHEN ONE IS INTERESTED IN A TEAM OF AUDIO IS BY THAT ONE LIKE THE MUSIC, SOUND, HIGH FIDELITY, OF REALISM WITH THAT REPRODUCED INSTRUMENTS, VOICES, THE ORCHESTRAS ETC., ALL TEAMS IT IS MUSICALEMENTE OF OUR CHOICE AND LIKING.

IN this case and CONFESANDOME FOLLOWER of TECHNICS, because some of its teams have given ME pleasant surprises in its response of AUDIO, I would like to COMMEND what I personally I can describe as one of the most beautiful of AUDIO equipment that have been made until today.

TECHNICS IS SET IN THIS HIS LAST AND MOST ADVANCED MODEL OF RECEIVER BEFORE CLOSING ITS DOORS, NOT ONLY FOR ITS GREAT QUALITY OF SOUND IF NOT TOO IN YOUR DESIGN THAT WE CAN CONSIDER LITTLE SURMOUNTABLE, SUBVERTING OR RATHER GOING TO HIS TIME AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE RECOGNITION OF THE "RETRO", THE SPIRIT OF THIS TEAM DESIGN EVOKES THE CLASSICAL ERA OF THE ARTDECOGIVING GREAT CARE IN THE DESIGN OF A RADIUS OF 40´S 30´S EMULATION, IN WHOSE FRONT TO THE CENTRE HAD THE WINDOW TO SEARCH FOR THE STATION IN FORM OF ARC ALLOWING TO SEE FOR THIS PURPOSE A PART OF THE DIAL DISK.

Author:
See more guides the author | See eShop | See more articles
11 14 users found this Guide helpful. Last on 04/02/2010

TECHNICS SA-TX50 A WORLD ICON IN DESIGN OF THE 20TH CENTURY

TECHNICS YOU DÁ IMPORTANCE ALSO TO THE DESIGN OF THE COVER ILLUMINATING WITHOUT RESERVATION ALL THE EXTENSION OF THE FRONT OF THE TEAM DESTANCANDO ITS HUGE NEEDLES, SENSITIVE AND RESTLESS, AS ADDITIONS TO NOT PÓDER TAKE OFF SO BEAUTIFUL OVERALL VIEW WHEN IT IS OPERATING.

WORTHY QUALITIES WELL MARKED FOR ITS CONTRAST OF ILLUMINATION AND THE CAREFUL SELECTION OF ALL THE TEAM'S COLORS, A VISIONARY RATHER THAN AVANT-GARDE DESIGNER.

WHEN THIS GREAT TEAM IS WORKING ACHIEVES AN INSPIRATION THAT NOT ONLY IS HEARING IF NOT ALSO AESTHETIC, THAT US LEADS TO TIME TRAVEL AND ITS BECOMING TECNOLOGIGO.

THIS VAIN COPY FROM THE TWENTIETH CENTURY; AMALGAMATED TWO IMPORTANT SCHEMES ARTISTIC; THE MUSICAL PLAYLIST OF GREAT CLASS AND BEAUTY OF ITS AESTHETIC VALUE, THAT IS WHY IT IS AND IT WILL BE CONSIDERED AS AN ICON FOR A LONG TIME IF NOT IS THAT FOREVER...

Submitted by Dazzyfae a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver in 1998 in England while I was stationed at RAF Alconbury. I paid $704.05 for it at the time which I thought was rather expensive but because I was in the military I didn't have to pay tax, which was nice. I have used this receiver throughout the years and have not had any problems. I finally bought a house and have pulled it out of the origional grey and black box. This receiver has a classic look with the meters and needles. The sound is great and there are multiple hook-ups for everything that was avaliable at the time. I now have two Acoutimass 5 cube speakers (rear), two Bose 201 bookshelf speakers (with wood panels on the sides, bought in the 80's), a Bose VHS center chanel speaker,a Klipsch 10" Subwoofer, sony blu-ray palyer and a 46" Samsung LCD, HDTV. This receiver still rocks, I haven't found a receiver that comes close to the looks of this one. Receivers today are just plain ugly, case in point sony, pioneer, yamaha etc... I think Technics should redo this receiver with HDMI, room sampling, dual zone, and all the modern gadgets. I would definitely buy one.

Submitted by rbeez2004 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2008

Bottom Line:
I had a Scott 380R hooked up to 4 JBL 4800 Towers untill about a year ago I bought a 52 inch HD TV and decided to upgrade finally to Dolby Digital surround sound. I love my Scott with all the meters and slide rule tuning. I wondered if there was a reciever out there with a vintage look but modern looks. I went to numerous local stores looked at 300 dollar to 1200 dollar recievers with all kinda hook ups. Ill tell you the one thing that stood out. They all looked identical no matter the price. So dissapointed that none of them looked even close to vintage I looked on ebay. Low and behold a Technics SA-TX50!!! I couldnt believe it. It was wonderful big glowing watt meters and nice vintage look. I knew then I must have it. Yes its aged only being analog prologic but it has everything I want on it and a plus is it is THX quality. I won this item for 350 dollars on Ebay and hooked it up. Amazing sound and can push all 4 of my 4800 towers with no problem. Huge power in a modern but vintage style package.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Kevin Barker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought this reciever back in 2000.It has been a great reciever. It is the only reciever that I could find That still had the watt meters on the front.The reciever has a beautiful design.I had a different reciever hooked to my system and I un hooked it and went back to the SA-TX50.I hooked a spec-2 pioneer power amp to it which made it wicked.

Purchased At:   Electronics outlet i

Submitted by messerjg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
The SA-TX50 is by far the greatest Stereo reciever I have ever seen or heard. It hase more power than my apartment can handle. With 2 12" Technics speakers, this has been heard 3 floors above my room. January 2003, I have been offered $1000 for it. I would sell this for anything.

Purchased At:   Okinawa japan