Technics SA-EX900 Receiver A/V Receivers

Submitted by Westwad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
This Serious Amplifier is the top of the SA-EX line. I had it for more than ten years and it is still working as fine as the first day. A Very well built machine with a very Powerfull Amplifier section.
I do this review with my personal experience, by using it only in stereo. I am not into HT. I never was interested in any Cinema experience, I use it for watching movies in DVD / Blue Ray, but I don't want wires all around. I prefer minimalism and I am a really Stereo purist.
The stereo Image is very good. If you use it with JBL speakers for Electronic / Modern music, it is a very good couple, a great deal, and spectacular for cinema.
If you are fan of non-american / classical - acoustc sound, you will be either satisfied if u connect this amp to a pair of Focal or Tannoy speakers, I think the experience is good for both styles.

I buyed the SA EX 900 because I knew what is was all about.

Strengths:
Very Good power (125 w X 5) with only 20% of the volume level you can feel how much it can offer.
Subwoofer level control in the front is Very Useful. You can use 2 subs simoultaneously, with two diffrent kind of connections: one RCA for an Active / and other for a Passive one (the amp is in charge of feed it).

Weaknesses:
The cooling fan operating at high levels (similar to Onkyo TX-DS 656 fan-cooler)
Back Speaker Plugs