Technics SA-EX700 A/V Receivers

4.3/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

100w x 3, 100x 1 rear, 100w x 1 sub

Submitted by LeviathanPT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I got this Technics receiver at a yard sell for $50 and have been useing it with my computer ever sence. I've had it paired with about 6 pairs of speakers and for what I need it for it works real well. I have it paired with some Paradigm speakers right now and they work well together. One thing I noticed with this set up is that the midrange sounds a bit muddy to me. I've noticed it with other speakers I've used with it also, so I'm assuming its the receiver. When the music is slow and smooth like with jazz it sounds good, but when there is a lot of clash cymbal as in rock or heavy metal theres just not a lot of seperation. It all sounds smashed together even the vocals at times (for a lack of a better word I use "muddy"). There hasn't been much wrong with it til recently, the front left speaker will kick in and out. Even so, I realy like this receiver and hope to fix it. I like that it has the subwoofer control nob, you dont find that very often. Oh and power, I have never been able to turn the volume all the way up without being afraid that I would blow the speakers (even with 300 watt speakers).

Submitted by MadDog843 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
I own both a Technics SA-EX700 as well as a SA-GX303. I have to say both these recievers are awesome even in todays standards. the EX700 was given to us when a neighbor moved away, and I have been using it for 2.5 years now. The sound quality is great, and just today I had my first issue. Two fuses blew on the incoming power board and caused a system overload. For 4 bucks at my local Source i got my fuses and am back up and running. the EX700, and the GX303 are very similar units. The GX303 has the onboard equalizer and upgraded face screen. But lacks in its surround qualities, and lacks the thing needed most of all...the self amplified subwoofer output. The EX700 gives a rich sound on all speaker hooked up to it, and have high limits. I started off with the 200W Technics W33 sub that came with the system. I have since then bought a 300W TIS sub that works much better with the power of this system.

Submitted by Erik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
The specs that you gave for this product are wrong. there is way more outputs for speakers than you listed. I have a ex700 and it kicks ass. First of all, it has 4 outputs for plain speakers (2 sets), a powered sub output, two surround outputs, a center channel output, and a subwoofer output that has blown more speakers than most people own in their life.

Submitted by Alarm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
This receiver is one of the best you can get for Dolby Pro-logic as it has a sub-woofer output. And if you use the 'loudness' function, every music you hear will give you a minor earthquake in your room. 3-stereo is also a good option for pro-logic if you don't want to install rear speakers. Sadly it hasn't got 6 channel input or else I wouldn\t buy the SR-96.

Purchased At:   DEC1998

Submitted by Dean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
The best quality and features for your money

60.0 WA BLACK: