Technics SA-EX500 A/V Receivers

3.8/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

4 ch pro logic, 110W/ch.

Submitted by Connor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this amp ofr a good price.. i wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. although i am expeiracning problems at the moment. I recently picked up fair sized floor speakers with 12' subs in each one. When i try ot crank it.. my unit shuts off... and the word overload comes across the screen. i think its simply a power overload... like the seapkers pull too much juice for the amp. But how can i fix this... wtc. any thoughts would be good... thanks.

Purchased At:   future shop

Submitted by Yevgenii a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have the Technics SA-EX500 receiver, but i dont know, does it suporte 4 ohm for subwoofer? If somebody know, PLEASE, write to me on my e-mail about it!

Submitted by tree a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
nothin to say

Submitted by Craig Hyatt a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have to say that for the price of this unit and the company it's made by no one can expect it to be impressive in any measure. The fact that Technic's is not a high-end company shows you right there that you shouldn't shell out a hundred or so bucks and expect to be thrilled by it's performance. Use your head when you buy a reciever do you want a really good one or a really cheap one? The bottom line is you ussually get what you pay for.

Submitted by Jonathan Sturak a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 1998

Bottom Line:
I just purchased the SAEX500 at a local department for only $99. It was the last one left and was used as a floor model. I have two older speakers that I use for surround speakers. They have 8" subs in them and can only handle 40w each. I use two speakers that I bought off a friend for the main channels. They have 12" subs and suprisingly say they can only handle 50w. I had to buy a 100w KLH center channel speaker. I hooked everything up and put my tape deck and hifi vcr into it. I found that this system is one of best. I had it cranked up when watching Twister and it really throws out some juice. I havent hade it distort at all and it is a very good investment.

TARA LABS: