Technics SA-CO2 A/V Receivers

Submitted by Chris Hodson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have owned and used my Technics SA-C02 on a daily basis since 1980. The unit has never needed any attention and has moved house with us 14 times.

The sound quality, signal to noise ratio and channel separation on FM is outstanding. Some years ago I replaced the somewhat primitive dual speaker technics speakers with a pair of triple speaker Castles. The results are astonishing.

Three years ago I replaced my worn out Technics direct drive turntable with a high end project version and the Cambridge Audio CD 'Disc Magic' pair with a single unit from the same manufacturer. The SA-C02 has taken all this in its stride.

The only concern about the unit came from an individual who complained at a recent party that it was ridiculous that 'a company with such a reputation as Technics produced so great a machine, with the capacity to amplify vinyl, FM and AM radio, CDs and iTunes so beautifully yet provided no remote control'. When it was explained that the unit dated from 1980 he was 'astounded that the styling was so current'.

The current debate in my house is which will shut down first - Me - or - FM broadcasting?. I have assured everyone that when the UK National FM network finally goes silent and the SA-C02 can no longer receive Radios 3 or 4, and we are condemned to picking up the Jazz via digital radio streamed from New York we will still be able to drive vinyl and CDs via the trusty machine.

Submitted by Anonymous a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Bites dont buy it

Award-Winning Axiom: