Sherwood Newcastle R-945MKII A/V Receivers

4.17/5 (29 Reviews)

Submitted by koh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2013

Bottom Line:
All I can say on this Sherwood mk2 is that it is powerful,clean and warm.movies on DD and DTS really sound awesome.sound separation within the 5 speakers sound fast,convince and clean.not only that,but this receiver can slam hard too and can drive speakers like B&W .it's really a rare receiver whereby I enjoy all the action pack movies sound from motor bike sound to monster roar, it is lifelike,clean ,well trimmed and densely weighty.kept this receiver for 12years already and still in good condition.

Submitted by tskl2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
Sherwood Newcastle R 945 MkII- i Bought new the first year it was out and I think it is the best receiver I ever owned.

Purchased At:   boutique store

Submitted by manny wallace a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I find this unit to be excellent!! Like the others stated, it needs volume to push sound. I particularly enjoy the concerts on DVD. I have custom built speaker cabinets with 7 cabinets and 30 speakers on bi-amp system. The Sherwood pushes 5 cabinets and 22 speakers very effectively. We are working on another sound system to increase the ambience. This unit will perform with those costing a lot more. I do not recommend this unit unless you have a good sensitivity rating in you speakers, i.e. 95db spl. I relly enjoy your website and will visit it often!!

Purchased At:   sent as gift

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I owned a R-945 and looking to upgrade to the 945 Mark 2 for the firmware update. Please notify if you are willing to sell or known of a good deal somewhere. Thanks.

Submitted by Earl Bousquet a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had purchased one of these baby's and what a mistake. I have an Newxastle R925 without the DTS and blows this R945MKll receiver away. When I had hooked this receiver up it had very little power; it seemed like about 35 Watts. I called tech support and would not return any of my calls. This company has gone down the tubes and if you can get your hands on the R925, grab it. The sound is ten times better than the R945MKll. Stay away from this one.

PANAMAX: