Pioneer VSX-D704S A/V Receivers

4.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $980.00

Surround Processing Receiver - 520 Watts

Submitted by Rian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
Hi all u Pioneer fans

I have had this VSX-D 704 S from new , and its been with me now for 17 years , and I have never had a problem with it , and belief me when I say ,this unit had worked hard in its life , I am rating it so high because of its durability , sound quality , and not even to mention the power it puts out to my speakers , and the surround effects is astonishing , when hooking it up to surround speakers , GOOD JOB Pioneer !!!!! Why buy something that cost you an arm and a leg , if you can get you hands on one of these babies , obviously you wont get it new anymore , but to all you sound freaks out there (of which I am one of) ,look out for one that's for sale , and in a good condition . If you have a good set of speakers , and and you can get hold of this product , I would gladly encourage you to buy it , as my PIONEER has given me more than a decade of listening pleasure, and I know it will still give me a few more. The protection on this unit is also state of the art , as it will simply just show overload on the display ,in case of faulty speakers or speaker wires .

Submitted by UncleWill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
Had this receiver for a few months and can say that for my first real receiver I am fairly impressed. The unit is fairly weighty, but it what it puts out is well worth the trouble. There are three AC plugs for additional units in the rear, connections for up to 7 total speakers, 5 composite video inputs and 5 audio inputs too. The system also provides Dolby Pro Logic Surround Sound with several effects, and will even let you play music from an audio only source but still view a connected video source. The receiver's tuner is also Digital Radio compatible, and allows you to screw in a generic TV antenna via coaxial cable. For a generic 70 dollar receiver, she's not too bad!

Submitted by bboy wow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
A VERY POWERFUL RECIVER! has the usual dolby pro logic surrond and dolby 3 ch logic has no dts or 5.1 surrond decoder but has an tape moniter feature so that u can add a dts/5.1 decoder the reciver has more inputs than youll ever need the reciver sounds as good as a new average okyno i had dis reciver for a little over 1 year and got a dts/5.1 decoder and trust me it can sound almost as good as a top of the line harmon kardon it will blow u away even in pro logic mode if u have high quality speakers if dis reciver had a built in dolby digital decoder i'll give it a 5 star rating but it dosent so i'll give it a 4 for the high quality sound

Sennheiser: