Pioneer VSX 9500s A/V Receivers

4.85/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $1050.00

Submitted by tammy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
We have had ours for about 10 years, perfect working condition......doesn't fit our new entertainment center (downsizing) Anyone interested?

Submitted by vienna a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
good sound,big display,clearer sound

Submitted by Kevin Farmer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
This was a VERY expensive A / V receiver. I bought it in 1990. BUT, I have used it for the past 20 years, and it still rocks the house. I am using it with my T V for Blu Ray. O M G, it has as good of sound production as the newest, and much more expensive models. Granted, I do not have 7.1, but for 5.1, I will put it up against the Big Dogs. I have never once had a moments issue with anything about it. Yes, i did pay $ 800 ! Did I get my moneys worth ? I think I still am ! I was using it for my fitness room. Then, my other receiver went out, ( not a Pioneer ). So, back it went into the living room. 20 years of use, and I think it's gonna out live me. If you have the chance to buy one for $300 - $400, I'd say you got a deal. 5 stars on this one, just wish everything was half this dependable. I am impressed !!

Submitted by audiomans a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
VSX 9500S

What more needs to be said. I bought this in 1989 or was it 88, paid near $900 after haggling from list of 1300 or so. I still use it today. I havent seen or more importantly, heard anything better as of Jan 10 2009.

Submitted by dsmitha a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have owned a lot of receivers and amps, but this is one of my favorites. I have the preamp split off into an EV cross-over, then to two QSC 1500A's...plus I use the 125 watts per channel from the pioneer 9300...all this powering a pair of EV 1810's bi-amped, and a set of EV Eliminators. The sound is so clean and amazing, plus enough power to blow out my livingroom window if I wish. I love the VSX-9300. It is the hub of this amazing sound system. The only thing I like as much is a Bryston 3B. If you ever have a chance to buy a 9300, take it...you will love it.

Purchased At:   A/V FILE