Pioneer VSX 9500s A/V Receivers

4.86/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $1050.00

Submitted by bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2016

Bottom Line:
VSX 9300 I have done everything to it 1 ohm speakers for instance. Go snag those marantz units It'll go nose to nose with any of 'em at worse. This rig did DJ gigs for 3 years, Did a couple gigs as a guitar amp ? It was in the shop for years 15 or so, grinders, diesel engines,welders, cold, heat, moisture, roof leaks. Does it have scratchy pots ? Does the tuner drift ? panel lamps out ? I have the "legendary"2230 marantz", and a "2220b marantz" hardly radios ! presently am set up with 2 wharvdove 18" subs, center driven by ashdown bass 2 channel amp, my front speakers are Mitsubishi 15/3 air suspended speakers, my rears are 15/2 mtx's ported with horns, my surrounds are Bose 301s.by the way why do all the "great stereos" need to be "re-capped"? owned it since September of 1988, 28 years ? Those power amp chips are legendary for the mains. 28 years and still can make my teeth hurt, and make the hairs on my toes tingle, and when that bad boy drops a 20 Hz. rumble it makes guys look around the room. yup the cabinet screws have never been touched.Yup, this is a ballsy rig for parties, DVD or laser disc, big screen TV, a bit crude compared to todays units, but I think I will hang onto it a while longer.

Submitted by tammy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
We have had ours for about 10 years, perfect working condition......doesn't fit our new entertainment center (downsizing) Anyone interested?

Submitted by vienna a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
good sound,big display,clearer sound

Submitted by Kevin Farmer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
This was a VERY expensive A / V receiver. I bought it in 1990. BUT, I have used it for the past 20 years, and it still rocks the house. I am using it with my T V for Blu Ray. O M G, it has as good of sound production as the newest, and much more expensive models. Granted, I do not have 7.1, but for 5.1, I will put it up against the Big Dogs. I have never once had a moments issue with anything about it. Yes, i did pay $ 800 ! Did I get my moneys worth ? I think I still am ! I was using it for my fitness room. Then, my other receiver went out, ( not a Pioneer ). So, back it went into the living room. 20 years of use, and I think it's gonna out live me. If you have the chance to buy one for $300 - $400, I'd say you got a deal. 5 stars on this one, just wish everything was half this dependable. I am impressed !!

Submitted by audiomans a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
VSX 9500S

What more needs to be said. I bought this in 1989 or was it 88, paid near $900 after haggling from list of 1300 or so. I still use it today. I havent seen or more importantly, heard anything better as of Jan 10 2009.

VTI: