Pioneer VSX-47TX A/V Receivers

Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX THX Ultra2 A/V Receiver

Submitted by Dave Shute a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
After years of staying loyal to the standard two channel stereo system I decided to expand into a modest home theater. My main concern was sound quality and not running out of gas when the demand was present for dynamic power. All of my old McIntosh equipment and Ohm speakers were listed and sold on ebay and I took the proceeds to get started in home theater. After many auditions we chose the Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX ultra receiver. So far I am really pleased with the sound quality,( something I thought would be lost to some degree ) and it's ability to stay with the music and movie soundtracks. It has proven that seperates may have slight advantages in the details but a good receiver can deliver excellent sound reproduction at a fraction of the cost in multi-channel application. The Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX is warm, detailed and has plenty of power for dynamics on demand. I chose the Paradigm reference line of speakers to mate with them and it is an excellent marriage in my humble opinion. Buy yourself a good quality powered sub and let the receiver do the rest, it will not dissappoint.

Purchased At:   downtown electronics

Submitted by poloman mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I previously owned a Yamaha RXV-2095 before this Pioneer. I purchased the Pioneer, only to see if there was a noticable difference in sound. In fact, I expected it would not be significant, and thought I'd be returning it. I was wrong. I have a Klipsch speaker system, and the Pioneer is so much more warm and detailed, I thought I was listening to an entirely new system. Music is excellent, but movies are killer! With the self calibrating feature, all the speakers are properly dialed in. It really does do a great job at this! Movies have more presence, and depth! Currently, I am running a 5.1 system, but plan to add 2 more surrounds this winter. Bottom line, I love this thing! I couldn't justify the $2500+ price tag for the 49TX, at that point, I thought I'd consider separates. I actually planned on looking at separates, if this 47TX didn't impress me. I have owned this now for 5 months, and have truly loved every minute of it.

Purchased At:   Crazie Eddies, Onlin