Pioneer VSX 33TX THX A/V Receivers

4.06/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $750.00

The VSX-33TX from Pioneer's Elite line of receivers provides THX-Select Certified surround sound in your home. It provides three dimensional sound with full 5.1 channel input and output, and Dolby Digital and DTS decoding.

Submitted by alex67 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2011

Bottom Line:
BEST SOUND VS PRICE , great combination with klipsch reference.The receiver sound is excellent,powerfull,and high definition.

Submitted by gychang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2008

Bottom Line:
amazing for the price

Purchased At:   private owner

Submitted by Muppetmike a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver about 18 mo.s ago, after reading countless reviews of the Elite line of recievers. I love it. Music sounds terrific, but I mainly use it for DVD's. The DTS sounds unbelievable, I enjoy it slightly more than the available Dolby 5.1. I tend to enjoy the audio so much because my TV is 10 years old.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by BuckoNZ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I originally bought a lower Pioneer Elite model (the VSX-25 I think), however the main controller baord blew up within 6mths. Pioneer were good about it - as it was an Elite product they wanted to replce the entire unit and not just the part. Although I had to ship it back to Hawaii and wait several months, I got this as a replacement.

This amp really is value for money. I would have to pay approx. US$1500 for an equivalent amp here in New Zealand.

Nice sound. Heaps of features. Sub-Woofer set up is limiting. Remote pretty basic.

This amp is huge. I had to buy a new cabinet! Nice looking though!

This is may 2nd home theatre amp (first one was the Dolby Pro Logic VSX-d503s) and the 2nd from Pioneer. I'll be going back.

Purchased At:   Sam Sungs Home Theat

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased the VSX 33TX to replace my aging Pioneer VSX 557. I had been checking out the new receivers on Dealtime and noticed this pioneer elite unit offered THX post processing(THX Select) for under $500 and was immediately interest. In addition, I wanted to get DTS sound as well. So after reviewing the prices online I called Magnolia Hifi and they had a couple units in stock. In their sound room of course they had all the high Denon's, Yamaha's, and Pioneer Elites. I figured I needed a couple of DVD's to take with me to measure the sound on this unit. I took two THX certified movies with Zorro, and the phantom Menace(Star War). I played some of favorite scenes on the VSX 33TX, and then on a Yamaha(they don't offer THX),and Denon offering THX select at quite a higher price. Amazingly enough this unit sounded considerly better than both the units and is better built. The polished black finish on this unit gives it much more appeal. I have been using it everyday for the last 6 months and love it. I can't imagine any other unit out there by any manufacturer that can touch this unit at it's price. It sounds awesome hooked into my energy Encore Sats and Sub. I wondered what the top of the line VSX 49 sounds like? Kudo's to Pioneer for their Elite line of Recievers.
In my book their the best by far.

Purchased At:   Magnolia HiFi Beaver