Pioneer VSX-07TX A/V Receivers

4.53/5 (15 Reviews)

Submitted by RUDY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
PIONEER ELITE VSX-07TX THE PIONEER WEB SITE ABANDONED THIS MODEL THE CONTRUCTION BUILT IS PLATIC LIKE A FRAGILE TOY THE SOUND COMPARED TO A SONY ES IS 45% HAS SOME POWER BUT NO THE POWER OF A SONY ES I AM AN AUDIOPHILE AND EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN PIONEER BUILT OVERALL SOUND USING NOT SO HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS I AM USING THIS ONE AS A MUSIC SELECTOR SINCE IT COMES WITH THE TAPE 2 MONITOR WICH IS VERY HANDY FOR THE KENWOOD EQUALIZER THAT I USE ON THIS SYSTEM I OWN 12 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS SINCE IT'S 5.1 PREAM OUTPUT DOES NOT PRODUCE CLEAN SOUND I USE ONLY THE FRONT OUTPUT TO A SONY STR-DA5ES AND THIS SONY SENDS THE 5.1 PRE OUT SIGNAL TO A SONY STR-V333ES AND THIS ONE SEND THE SIGNAL TO A SONY ES 5 CHANNEL AMP AND TO THE SPEAKERS CREATING SUCH AMAZING SOUND I HAVE A HARMAN KARDON SYSTEM THAT ALSO SOUNDS CLEANER RICHER AND HIGHER QUALITY THAN PIONEER!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by ducati0000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
After reviewing this former flagship Pioneer Elite receiver Im came to the conclusion as my fellow posters,even though lacking in the DTS feature the overall presentation was extremely good by todays newer standards,reception was very strong and detailed(with antenna) and stations came in clear and fresh,amplification even though using 3 year old technology was very pleasing and corhesive,nice pace and over soundstaging was abit shallow but great spread and smoothness,not the best inner detailing but better then the Onkyos and Yamahas.Plenty of inputs and outputs to create a theatical movie setting,realisum of the different setting was very accurate and simple.Buttons lay out was excellent and the cluter aspect of other receivers were pleasantly not present.Again if this unit only had DTS I will rank this in the top three of all times of the best Elite receivers Pioneer ever made but if your on a budget and the DTS feature is not a great lost then by all means audition this wonderful unit.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Celinho a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've been using this unit for almost 2 years and have no complaints about it, only praise. Basically I agree in every aspect with Art, but I also use it for music listening. It drives my B&W 602 very well and When the settings are in small for the speakers, the Sunfire MK2 sub works along for music too. The lack of DTS doesn't bothers me yet, sice very few DVD's uses it and me preferences are for those which has dolby digital sound and lots of extra features. I'm far from upgading it!

Purchased At:   Tecsat Indaiatuba

Submitted by Art a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have a separate Audio system so this review is only for Home Theatre only. I have had this unit for about 1 1/2 years and it is a very good sounding receiver.With the right speakers and Sub it's performance is very good. I have compared it to Denon, Sony and Rotel and although it is a few years older technology I can't see trading it in just to have a newer (but no better quality) receiver.The only minus is that it does not have DTS but for what I will lose as a trade in for an equivelent receiver it is not a worthwhile upgrade.

Purchased At:   The Stereo Shop

Submitted by Ron a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
After many sleepless nights of contemplation I finally took action and pick up this reciever along with some other goodies at my local hi-fi shop. After wavering between a Sony 30ES and Yamaha 795 for months I stumbled on this beauty. The others, the Sony in particular, had a few more toys, but after striking a wicked deal on an Elite CD player and 2109 DVD there was no more price vs performance competition. Just for kicks I took home some NHT 1.2 towers with a sub amp. Big improvement over my old Energy's though they still kick but on most of the stuff out there. As said before there is little to find fault with on this reciever. Just clean fun all around. Now if I could only get my wife out of the apartment long enough to turn it up. The the HT thing is amazing as well. One final comment on the remote. At first it looked like it wouldn't be all that great to use, the Sony and Yamaaha seemed to be much more sofisticated. However, after using it for the last few weeks I've found it to have an easy to use, logical layout and have far more practical substance than the S' or Y'. It's nice not to have to look at the remote to have to do something like you would with the Sony LCD or have to use two hands to traverse 6 or 7 inches like on the Yamaha.

MS 1400W: