Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX A/V Receivers

4.75/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $717.95

Multi-Channel Digital A/V Receiver

Submitted by dhoomdhoom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this to upgrade my system from a 5.1 to a 7.1. My previous Sony STRDB940 was loud, but had no warmth. The Pioneer has so much warmth and soundstage is excellent with my B&W speakers. I have heard things in movies, which I never knew existed with my Sony. Great purchase.

Purchased At:   Classifieds

Submitted by Levike a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
Hi
This receiver is excellent
I've had it for over 5 months and it has become better and better. The decoding is excellent. The only thing I don't like is the Stereo.
Other then that it's perfect for movies or concerts

Purchased At:   Etronics

Submitted by Stiggyrawl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Great Home Theater Receiver and Great Value for the features vs price

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by fitzeke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I deceided to purchase this receiver because it was recommended to me for great home theater abilities. Wow, I can't believe how good this thing sounds. It has lots of power to create a virtual sound stage in my living room that rocks beyond belief. I mate the VSX43TX with Klipsch RF series speakers and its incredible. It is rare to find an A/V receiver this accurate in this price range. I was considering the Denon 3803, but why spend the extra money? The Denon was a little flat for music compared to the Pioneer Elite, so it was a no-brainer. Superior Sound at a resonable price.

Purchased At:   Audio Craft

Submitted by MrPorterhouse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
Outstanding Receiver! I don't have any complaints as there is nothing that this receiver can't do that I ask it to. Amazing home theater receiver! I haven't heard a replicated sound this precise in a receiver in this class, EVER. I have always been an Onkyo Guy(for the last 12+ years), so I was very critical when comparing and throughly evaluating this receiver against Onkyo(701 and 801 models). I gotta tell ya, this Pioneer Elite VSX43TX overpowers them both. I thought it wouldn't be possible, but it is. I got the Onkyo to clip much easier, and where the Onkyo would stop, the 43TX just kept goin. For speakers, I've got Cerwin Vega LS12(fronts), Cerwin Vega LS-6C(center), Cerwin Vega E-76C(center-back), Bose 201 Series IV(surrounds, and Two Cerwin Vega LW15's(one sub for LFE's and One sub speaker level for fronts). This setup would rock an auditorium, I mean, This is one Serious Sound Stage. Another thing I'd like to comment on is how well this receiver encoded SACD's. The best reference SACD to date(Dec 2003)is Pink Floyd's "Darkside of the Moon". Absolutely Crystal Clear and Extremely Accurate replication from this receiver. I've also tested some intense Rap from Busta Rhymes, Notorius B.I.G., Jay Z and it hits hard. Bass-gaisms Galore. Everyting from Mozart, to Toby Keith, to Nine Inch Nails, to Jewel, to Blink 182, to Prodigy, to B.B. King sound great and very accurately depicted. Its as if they are actually "in" my speakers rockin' out just for me in my living room. There's pleny of Audio and Video inputs, more than I need.(Cable tv, DVD, CD, VCR, Playstation2) I still have room to hook up another video and several audio sources. The setup on this receiver is not so automatic(it has a quick setup, but you'll want to do the expert setup, so make sure you take the time to read the manual and get to know how to control all the options avalible to you because it will really make the difference between great sound and Outstanding Sound! The Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX will take your listening pleasure to the highest level and guarantee years of Audio enjoyment.

Purchased At:   eBay