Pioneer VSX-D514K
Description: <ul> <li>500 Watt 5.1 Channel Digital A/V Receiver</li> <li>Multi-Channel Audio Decoding and Amplification with Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1, & Pro-Logic II, Virtual Surround Back</li> <li>5 Channel Hybrid Amplification</li> <li>High Quality Original Sound Technology with 192kHz /24-Bit Digital to Analog Conversion</li> <li>96kHz / 24-Bit Analog to Digital Conversion</li> <li>5 Channel Accurate Imaging</li> <li>Low Ohm Capable</li> </ul>

Submitted by daniel rolnick a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
my vsx 514 has cerwin vega e710s on the front channels 150 watt pioneers with 12 inch woofers for rears and 120 watt sony for center this receiver with the cerwin vegas is has tremendous sound i love it no matter what im listening to i can tailor it to my taste it handles all the woofers even at really high volume dont know if other receivers at this cost are as capable im a pioneer fan for life

Submitted by mazdman1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have never had a problem with this receiver. I have it Running Infinity Primus 360 front and Infinity Primus 250 in the rear and a infinity center channel. This receiver packs plenty of punch. I use the component video to switch my dvd player and my hd cable. no distortion in picture like other models. I bought this as an upgrade from my Kenwwood 5.1 I wil stay a pioneer fan because of this unit.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by herschelrj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
I got this as an early birthday present. I have a JVC that is really nice but the center channel sucks big time. This Pioneer has a lot of features that allow you to set the listening environment just like you want it or there is a Quick Setup feature as well. I love all of the features. I just bought a music DVD and it blew me away. The Pioneer sounds really really good. The remote is a little small but allows you to control and setup everything you need. I now have a truly MUTT system and this receiver orchistrates it very well. Sounds like a system that cost a lot more. A whole lot more. For example the Sony 697. I am disappointed with Sony lately. The 697 sounds like crap. Good features but this lesser priced Pioneer blows it away.

Purchased At:   Circuit City