Pioneer VSX-47TX Elite

Submitted by gupper0 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
All around great receiver. It has an effortless full sound.The high is clear and crisp without being too forward and is a great match with the Studio Series from Paradigm.The MCCAC, (sounds like something the cat is trying to hack up)does a good job of setting up the system, but with a bit of finer tuning with the old SPL meter from Rat Shack this baby just sings......The direct pass thru for good old stereo listening is a delight to listen to.I presently have my main speakers bi-amped thru the unused rear surroud and main LR and there is no shortage of clean wattage.

Purchased At:   Sight and Sound

Submitted by marcmc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had a vsx27tx that had audio drop out problems. After the 3rd trip to the shop I was ready for a refund and a Marantz product, but Pioneer came to the rescue and gave me a no charge upgrade to the 47.

The difference is fairly dramatic. Very versatile. Outstanding D/A converters makes it sound incredible. Great video switching. Enough power to light up my 25 X 30 room. Way too many features to list here. May be just a tad on the bright side but you can compensate for that with the auto EQ feature.

I had looked at Marantz and Denon products but I really feel that this unit is at least on par with anything else out there. I am very pleased.

Purchased At:   Contemporary Sounds

Submitted by Mark Hooper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I upgraded from my 29TX to the 47TX about six months ago. All I have to say is 'wow, is this thing awesome!!'. The sound quality that the 47TX produces makes the 29TX sound like a tin box - seriously! I've had various people who heard my old system comment that the new one sounds amazing!
The 47TX is one solidly built, serious piece of equipment! Bravo Pioneer!!

Purchased At:   Soundsaround

Submitted by Lynbiker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I also was having problems with my 29TX,after 3 attempts to fix it by Pioneer,they decided to offer me an upgrade with some cash layout.Was offered the 49tx,47tx and the 37tx.I choose the 47 and could not be happier.It does not run as hot as my 29tx did,and the sound is just fantastic in all modes.Setup took about 1 hour as pioneer has an automatic speaker system setup that is spot on!!!!If you can afford this model I say buy it,you wont need to upgrade from this 1 for a LONG time.

Purchased At:   Pioneer

Submitted by a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
After having had problems with my VSX 29 TX, It was time to call pioneer head office. It took about five days when we both came to an agreement. They keep my vsx29tx and I was offer the vsx47tx or the
vsx49tx plus some cash. The remote isn't like the older vsx29tx, but after reading
the manual the vsx47tx wasn't all that bad. I would Really LOVE to say thanks to Pioneer for doing the right thing and making the customer satisfied. Their commitment is to achieve total satisfaction for each Pioneer customer they serve. I am glad to have bought another reciever from Pioneer ELITE, they stand by their products. The vsx47tx is the same build front and back has the vsx49tx. Weight for vs47tx is 62 lbs has for the vsx49tx it is 65 lbs. The different is the remotes and some added circuits. They both do many thing the same like OSD and programability of other stereo equiment. Very nice make over from days gone by when they used plastic fronts for unit. This is a new beast all together
one worth the money 5.1 DTS sounds so very clean. The amps in this unit just blow my old vsx29tx out of the water. The manual is 111 pages long,read it a fue times it helps. The vsx47tx lists for $3700.00 CDN.
Oh if you live in canada buy it here. Because the warrenty in the US is 2yrs, and canada is 3yrs. If it should break and it's from USA you have to send it back to the US for service. This vsx47tx was delivered Sept 19. 2002 and was made in April 2002 in Japan. Stock on these units the vsx47tx and vsx49tx are moving fast in Canada.
Now I know why people love them.

Purchased At:   pioneer canada