Panasonic SA-XR57K 7.1 Channels Receiver
Description: What differentiates the SA-XR57 from other receivers in its class is use of a full Digital amplifier. Digital amplifiers are much more efficient than traditional Analog amplifiers, generating less heat and taking up less space while still generating large amounts of clean Output power. Sound quality is also improved by eliminating the digital to analog conversion necessary when connecting a digital source device, such as a DVD player, to an analog amplifier. All Processing and amplification are done in the digital domain, resulting in low Distortion and extremely low background noise. This receiver has multiple audio/video inputs to handle all your source devices—TV, VCR, DVD player, cable box, and more. It even functions as a source selector, allowing you to connect multiple video sources to the receiver and run a single audio/video connection to just one of your TV''s audio/video inputs. No more flipping through video inputs on your TV.

Submitted by KG35 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
I am an upgrade freak usually but have not found reason to get a new receiver/pre/amp. This little receiver drives my axiom m80s beautifully still. I thought about going seperates recently but can't find any reason to replace this little panny. bi amp works beautifully, and the 2 channel sound is light years above my denon 3801 that I replaced with this unit. I am currently looking for a digital receiver/amp to replace the panny, but I haven't found anything worth spending my coin on. I know the new receivers have more bells and whistles but I am willing to live with 1080i passthrough and limited connectivity for the sound quality this little beast delivers. I run an arcam diva cd 73 along with ps3 through this unit, and I don't think I will upgrade anytime soon. Panasonic no longer makes receivers, so I will ride this little beauty out until it dies. the best bang for buck ever.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by camino a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2008

Bottom Line:
I wanted an easy to set up and use power center for my home theater. I like that this unit runs cool under all conditions and is easy to use on a daily basis. But, I remember years ago when I was first exposed to real audio. While the Panasonic is a well performer and is actually a bargain unit, I am tossing it out and returning to the Adcom 860 II pre amp running the Adcom 6000 to bring the speakers alive again.

Submitted by Norman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have had the opportunity to have this receiver in my system after getting some great advice from someone in the industry. Basically he told me that this out does receivers many,many times it's price and he is right.
I can not believe how good this sounds after it is set up properly. It is not pretty,it is a bit of a pain to set up but if you are interested in an immense amount of detail and loads of clean power this is the ticket.I have not used anything this inexpensive for 20 years and can't believe it!
The only negative thing about it's sound it that if the DVD/CD sounds bad it will sound terrible as everything is revealed warts and all. With a great sounding disc it is pure magic.