Onkyo Integra DTR-9.1 A/V Receivers

4.93/5 (15 Reviews)

7.1 Channel THX Surround EX Receiver

Submitted by Steve King a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
Fantastic receiver. Use as my garage, patio unit powering Def. Techs inside and Klipsch outside and it has no problems handling the loads. Great sound, plenty of power, built like a tank and a fantastic value for a non HDMI unit. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a secondary, non HDMI unit!

Submitted by karister99 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
The Integra DTR-9.1 is a beast of a ht-receiver. This unit is a very high quality ht-receiver with lots of solid and clean power handle pretty much anything you throw at them. This is a very well built heavy unit, and I'm pairing it with the DPS-9.1 DVD player and they're a match made in haven:). I sure love this unit and this ones a keeper and I don't do HDMI switching through the receiver anyways so I don't have the need foe any kinda upgrade any time soon. I like the way it does two channel dedicated stereo, the sound is warm and very detailed and throws out a room filling huge sound-stage. I have not see too many of them go on the used market, guess the folks like us who are lucky enough to have them don't wanna let them go ha! If you ever sees them in the used market at a decent asking price jump on it, I'm sure you will really enjoy this receiver and what it brings to the table.

Submitted by John Bakakis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
Please note that the review for the Onkyo Integra DTR-9.1, bearing my name is bogus and was sent by a jerk using my computer. I share all comments made by everyone regarding this idiot's ranting review of equipment that he never saw or listened to.

Purchased At:   N/A

Submitted by GoldenEaR a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
After Setting this amp up. I found that the Integra With 2chl direct mode, and Re-EQ turned Off. Sounds Great, in stereo. I am using a DPS 9.1 as a transport, With the Video power supply turned off.Kimber DV60 for digital, and silver Streaks for analog. Stiching between them. Speakers are Monitor Audio GR60s. With 8VS for wire. The Sound Stage was High and in the middle(The way i like it)not Right inbetween the speakers and low like the Denon. The Integra's clear uncolored sound of the amp came through. Janet Jackson and David Sandbon sounded like they were in my home. David's Horn sounded so life like. No "dsp" sound. That clear "Air" sound stage was very Captivating. Not like the Denon 5800. My main reason that I bought this pice, was because it is Upgradeable. I have the Ultra 2 version. This is perfect for anyone that is looking for a great theater surround sound amp. With a great 2chl sound stage.As for John look at his weaknesses. For someone to bash a pice of equiment like that has no idea what he is talking about. B&K ref30, Go buy that China's Finest online for 900 bucks and find a new hobbie.

Purchased At:   Retail store

Submitted by Rick Stevson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
By listening and reading the reviews of this monster, this is the best receiver that is avalible on the market. Sure I can say that Krell, Linn, McIntosh, and Adcom are great amps and preamps, but who's has that type of money to spend for compontents. We all know compontents is the way to go. But cost and user ablility, hands down this is the best! I'm not sure what "John B" is talking about. Compare apples to apples. I like the DTR-9.1 for the smooth and accurate tones that it delivers. As far as noise on the unit? Doesn't have any. My Klipsch Forte' II is a perfect match for this receiver. For being a drummer and need for my highs to be crisp and low to accurate, this is a good buy for the money. As for using this receiver a reference amp, don't waste your money this receiver is for listening to music/video not making music.

Atlantic Technology: