NAD T763
Description: <ul> <li>5 A/V Custom Presets store unique speaker level and tone control settings</li> <li>Direct access speaker level adjustment for surround, center and subwoofer</li> <li>6 A/V Inputs all S-Video and Composite, 2 full tape loops</li> <li>Component Video, 3 Inputs and 1 Output, HDTV Compatible</li> <li>3 Audio Inputs, 1 Tape Loop</li> <li>6 Digital Inputs, 4 Coaxial, 2 TOS Link freely assignable</li> <li>2 Digital Outputs, 1 Coaxial, 1 TOS Link</li> <li>7.1 Analogue Input (for DVD-Audio)</li> <li>Speaker A + B switching (Speakers B stereo only)</li> </ul>

Submitted by jkroon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2007

Bottom Line:
This was the only brand of receiver I could find that clearly stated in the specs that it could drive a 4 ohm load. Not only that, it could drive a 2 ohm load. I had 4 ohm speakers, I needed a receiver, so I bought this on the internet sight unseen and sound unheard. I knew of NAD only by reputation. After 2 years using this receiver I can say it was a good decision. This receiver is worth the price for sound quality alone. Plus it has an RS-232 port for connecting to a computer, and second zone controls. Component video switching. Assignable optical and coaxial digital inputs. A learning remote that can control anything. All the power you could ever need. It's built like a tank. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some other receivers in this price range have, but if sound quality means anything to you, you really can't go wrong with this receiver. As far as quality control issues, I've had zero problems.

Purchased At:   Kief's Audio

Submitted by elgaringo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is the 2nd unit so far, the first unit I had to return it after some issues with the on screen set up. I just got my replasement unit about a week ago so I haven't had a great deal of time to listen to this unit.I order to give a fair review to the fullest extent, but I believe to have expend some time to give beginning review. So far so good. The sound quality is amazing, very very musical sound out of this unit. Very simple to use and set up as well. Great power and warm natural sound, but I guess that depends what speakers you are using. The remote is not the greatest but it is very simple to use and manage. The 2 channel Stereo sound out of this unit is one of it's best I have ever experience besides my 2 channel nad amp, very swift overal sound. I can't yet comment much about the cinema audio. I have only watch a couple of movies and so far so good, but I haven't experience much listening in that area to give a good review I will coment on that on my next review.

Purchased At:   DMC

Submitted by audiofilenut a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is for the T762, which audioreview does not list.
This is an excellent reciever that, in my mind is the best buy in the market for the price. You may spend signifigantly more for a piece of hardware to eek out only minor improvement.

The newer model the t763 supposedly improves the overall power ( as if it needed it) and lowers noise a little.
Neither of these were major issues in the 762, but it's really good to see ongoing refinements being made in the NAD line.

The sound: The best receiver on the market for 1K. The receivers I listened to in the local audiofile shop did not sound better, in fact much more harsh and worse to my ears. You may be able to obtain better sound, but from what i heard, you'll be shopping around in the 3K range to get better sound.

This receiver also sounds very, very good with music. I dont believe you'll get better sound unless you opt for separates, and that's really saying alot for 1K.

With movies, it's flat out the best sounding receiver I've ever heard, and I've heard many, owned many. Rotel, Harmon Kardon, Yamaha, sony, denon.

The NAD trademark is for smooth, detailed sound. the mass market boxes ( japanese) generally induce ear fatigue after 20 minutes or so. Even the Rotel. I just couldn't listen to it for more than 30 minutes, as my ears got irritated and soon after, so did my mood.

The sound fields are superb- both DD and DTS, which I discovered with this unit, and the power is plenty unless you live in a massive living room, like 30' by 20' or more. even then, it would depend on your speakers.

I can't say enough about this reciever. With discriminating speakers and complimentary equipment, you just won't get better sound unless you are willing to spend 2 or 3 time more cash.
Don't take my word for it. Bring a couple of your favorite movies, and CD's and spend an hour listening.
Ultimately everyone hears a little differently, and has their own tastes for sound and style.
If we didn't we'd all drive the same car.
Highly recommended !