Marantz SR4320 A/V Receivers

The Marantz SR4320 Stereo Receiver is a full-featured stereo control center that combines exceptional sound quality with a host of performance and convenience features including remote control operation. The SR4320 includes seven audio inputs including phono to accomodate a variety of music sources, and features a fully discrete amplifier section for clear and powerful sonic performance. This versatile unit can also function in high quality multi-zone installations.

Submitted by Terpodion a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Bottom Line:
I'm totally obsessive about audio equipment. I was shipped the Marantz 4320 by mistake. The seller said "just keep it" and shipped the piece of high-end equipment I had actually ordered. Having nothing to lose, I hooked it up and played it - I ended up playing it all day long in my workshop hooked up to a pair of my own custom built speakers (similar to Altec Model 19's). The sound is smooth and relaxed, similar to Hafler components. Bass is tight and powerful belying the 80 watts RMS. It's very user friendly - much more so than the B&K preamp / tuner which I usually use in that listening space. There is even a phono input which I admit that I didn't test simply because I didn't feel like moving my heavy Thorens turntable.

This is simply a very nice stereo receiver. With the resurgence in Vinyl records, I can see a young person making very good use of it with a pair of decent speakers and a vintage turntable in good working order. - it is far better than most of the junky components with grossly exaggerated wattage ratings on the market today and does justice to the respected name of Marantz.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by diana .campbell30@yahoo.com a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2015

Bottom Line:
im lookin for a remote control lost mine need to replace it

Submitted by Nick a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2015

Bottom Line:
I think the previous reviewer may have had a faulty unit. A family member has this amp and I was so impressed with it that I bought one second hand for my home office - where I listen to a lot of music through audiophile "Audio Definition" speakers (Australian brand). I am very pleased with it. I listen to vinyl using a Technics SL-1700MK2 turntable and to CDs using a Marantz CD5005 (current model). It is more than up to the challenge of processing audio from these quality components. The Audio Definition speakers sound fabulous paired with this receiver. It was an entry level model but Marantz can always be trusted to deliver quality products across their range and this is no exception.

Submitted by Steve a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2012

Bottom Line:
I a bit obsessive about audio equipment and I have owned 100's of units in this price range. I love the cosmetics and the functionality of this unit but, honestly, it is one of the worst sounding units I have ever heard. I teach dance for a living and even Swing Music out of this thing... well... just didn't swing. No PRaT to speak of.
I have owned the SR9300 by Marantz and that thing is superb.. almost made me want to give up my seperates for two channel audio. I hear the 8000 series has the same innards. Clear, bold and musical with great control of the low end. The 9300 ran my 4 ohm Dynaudio Focus 140s with verve.