Kenwood VR-6050 A/V Receivers

4.2/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $279.95

Submitted by charne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have fairly modest requirements -- I wanted a stereo receiver so I could listen to music - mostly FM broadcasts and cds - in my office.

I had an older KR-A5080 Kenwood stereo receiver that was perfectly adequate, but the universal remote did not work with my Kenwood cd changer.

When I drove past the Factory Outlet store on my way to the NAMM show, I saw the windows painted with big SALE signs. It was irresistable.

Having purchased this unit, brought it to the office, wired it up, and discovered both the sound is better than before and the remote works with my cd changer, I am very satisfied!

Purchased At:   Kenwood Factory Outl

Submitted by lifeisgood811 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
This reciever had alot of what I was looking for when I was looking for one. I used to have a sony rack so this was a very serious upgrade. The price was very good for what it had. I liked the idea that it had the power I was looking for and nice features along with it (pl1 and pl2, cs1 and cs2). The looks were nice and the features were fairly easy to use, the only problem I have had with it is that sometimes when I turn it on, the surround does not kick in very quickly. Sometimes I need to turn it off and give it a few min. then turn it on again to get it to work right. Not real sure why but might take it in to get it looked at. The heat issue that I have read about hasn't been a problem as long as it is well ventilated with a nice componant rack. The remote has a lot of flaws, but easily remedied with a better universal remote, but still need a seperate remote to run my 400 disk cd changer. Not really able to hook many things up to it because of the lack of s-video connections(only 2)but that really isn't that big of a deal. The main items are essential(tv and dvd). All and all, pretty glad with my purchase.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Ivanna Humpalot a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
great receiver for the money i paid. for 100$ you cant expect much but remember this is KENWOOD!

Purchased At:   ecost

Submitted by mark miller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
very good amp'nice an eazy set up . you get a lot in this a/v rec for the money

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
Very nice mid-range receiver, if you can live with only 2 s-video inputs and no component video switching. Nice clean sound, plenty of options for listening modes. I feel like I got a good deal, even though by the looks of the reviews for the VR-6060 I overpaid for this model.

Purchased At:   Best Buy