Kenwood KR-V999D A/V Receivers

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Dolby Digital receiver

Submitted by sindhurajan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
good morning
i have kenwood kr_v 999d model.actualy i lost the speakers by trancsportation
also in lost same remote,can you give any idea that where i can get the same,kindly get back me regarding theis
thanking you
sindhurajan

Purchased At:   singapore

Submitted by Magne Amundsen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
i use it with a kenwood km-x1000 on my Dali 109 and it is superb for me. I recomend it for others that want a cheep av reciver

Submitted by rick santelli a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
1234 go2

Submitted by Keessie Kleiduif a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 1998

Bottom Line:
I needed a fully remote audiosystem in my bedroom, so I went to an audio-store.At first I wanted to buy Akai or Pioneer, but I saw the Kenwood KR-V999D and a 5 disc-changer that went with it. The price for the receiver was originally 1250 dollar, but at this store it was priced at 500 dollar. I found it very cheap and bought it.
It has a remote that handles all my other components from different brands, video, cassette, cd.
The tuner has auto-storage and RDS-EON, the amp has enough power ( 5*150watt ), AC-3 input, OSD, good speaker connectors ( also for the surround speakers ), many input connectors and a fair sound.
I read the reviews of his older brother, the KR- V990D but I cannot agree with the opinion of those reviewers. For my bedroom it's an almost perfect match.

There are two things I don't like about this receiver.1) It has no timer function and 2) at the back there are two extra mainpowerconnects to let other components use the standby mode of the receiver. The powercords of my cd and cassette keep falling out, too loose.

FGH 26: