JVC RX-7000V A/V Receivers

4.06/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $350.00

Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver

Submitted by Jeff Vondersmith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
The sound quality is extraordinary with crisp, clear sound distinctions. It is an affordable unit loaded with many options. It fulfills all the necessary needs by being equipped with Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Digital, and DTS.

Purchased At:   REX

Submitted by Cj Cj a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall I Love this system, My DVD's sound amazing the controller is easey enough for any one in my family to watch what ever they want. The self detecting audio input is alos a nice feature when watching TV and DVD as it detects Pro-Logic, The Preset modes are not that great but the ease of use is what I am really happy with as this is my first reciever. It is a very good product but it feels as if it could be a little bit better when fine tuning the surround sound.

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by Adam a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great receiver. Has all the power I need for the small surround system I have. Remote is big and not intuitive. Changing the settings you need to practice the procedure and needs a little something more in the bass. All in all no complaints and would recommend to anyone. Good stuff.

Purchased At:   TonerSatellite.com

Submitted by Tom Rolland a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I think this reciever blends features and price perfectly. I'm driving Polk Audio RT800's and obsene volume is no problem. This combination pumps out suprising bass.

My only gripe is the remote and this is why. I have a JVC jukebox and the remote for this reciever won't allow you to flip through the jukebox easily. I find myself always having to have the remote for my CD player and reciever in my hands at the same time.

Maybe the remote complaint should be on teh jukebox's review, maybe they should have simply put a volume control on that remote?

ALL IN ALL--I'm pleased and would recomend it to anyone, and have.

Purchased At:   Audio King

Submitted by Mike Printz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just retired my Fisher seperate componets after 15 years of service and wanted not just a sound quility for the music but an audio receiver that will handle home theatre. The JVC 7000 has all the features that can accommodate future audio/video component technology that is still on the horizon.

Sony: MF515 floor speakers
JBL: 5 1/4 3-way center speaker
Both above have the base relex feature, but when used in conjunction with the 7000's base boost, your friends will be asking where's your subwoofer.

For 235.00 plus 26.95 S/H you can NOT do better