JVC RX-6000V 5.1 Channels Receiver
Description: The JVC RX-6000VBK is ready for state-of-the-art surround sound processing with built-in Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound decoding. This receiver features 100 watts x 5 min. (two front, one center, two rear speakers) RMS, both channels driven into into 8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.8% THD. Digital Acoustics Processor (DAP) with five preset sound fields (Theater/Hall/Live Club/Pavillion/Dance Club) digitally recreates these venues in your own home. AV COMPU LINK provides simple one touch operation between your JVC audio and video components. To connect the latest in digital audio sources, JVC provides two assignable digital inputs (one optical and one coaxial) for additional audio enjoyment.

Submitted by Bishop a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver off of Ebay last year for $35. I had to spend another $50 for the 5 JVC speakers and another $25 for a new remote. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. I used the optical output of my LG HDTV to input of this receiver and it's great. I have my Xbox360 and Comcast HD box hook to the TV using HDMI and both unit's work perfectly with the RX-6000. With the 5 speakers (and subwoofer), the system is loud enough for my duplex.

I also have my PC's speaker output hooked to the input of my TV, and of course, the TV's optical output is connected to my RX-6000 - I can have 5.1 surround sound on certain movies that have this feature.