JVC RX 7010VBK Dolby Digital DTS Receiver
Description: The RX-7010VBK combines high performance and ease of use in one package. With 100 watts per channel for all 5 channels, the RX-7010VBK has the power necessary for todays demanding digital movie soundtracks. By using all discrete output devices, rather than inexpensive IC's, the RX7010VBK ensures greater clarity, low distortion and wide dynamic range. By incorporating JVC's exclusive A/V CompuLink system, movie watching is made easy. Just press play on any JVC A/V CompuLink equipped VCR or DVD player, and the RX-7010VBK will automatically turn on and switch to the appropriate input. If using a JVC A/V Compulink TV, it will also turn on and switch to the appropriate video input.<br><br>- DVD Multichannel Audio Compatible (5.1 channel analog input and 5 separate amps) for connection to existing and future multichannel sources such as DVD Audio.<br>- LCD Multi-Brand A/V Remote Control (VCR/TV/CATV/DBS).<br>- Dolby Digital and DTS decoders built-in for theater quality surround from digital sources.<br>- Dolby Pro Logic in Full Digital Processing.<br>- Fully Discrete Outputs to ensure greater fidelity and longer life.<br>- Digital Acoustics Processor (DAP) with 5 preset sound fields digitally recreates these venues in your own home.<br>- Enhanced Compu Link control system.<br>- Fluorescent Display.<br>- Line level Sub Out.<br>- Bass Boost.

Submitted by etkelly756 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2008

Bottom Line:
I would agree with most of the other reviews except the one that said the center has an unbearalbe crackle. I've used this receiver on 2 speaker systems and I can say without a doubt the quality of the speakers plays a very big part. I would suppose the negative review came from someone with bookshelf or less quality speakers.
I've played this receiver on a set of Kenwood speakers and a very good set of Boston Acoustics with a Definitive center speaker and as an owner of Ohm 5's I can say the theatre experience is great!
If you can find one of these in good order it is worth it, even without the remote. The Logitech Harmony remotes make it relatively easy to access nearly every function.

Purchased At:   Pawn Shop

Submitted by jeff 11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased this receiver in July of 2002 and now that I've had a chance to use it for 9 months or so, I have a pretty good idea of its capabilities. Since my previous JVC receiver lasted about 21 years, I thought JVC earned my business on this purchase. The best tester I've used on this receiver is the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD. Channel separation is perfect, without distortion on any speaker (they seemed to have resolved the problem with the center speaker). I recently purchaced a center speaker and I'm amazed at the clarity this receiver delivers. While recently watching a movie on digital cable, I was impressed to see the difference adding the center speaker made to the surround effect. The movie actually took on a 3 dimensional sound effect around the room. It pays to select a speaker with bi-wire hook-up (in my case, the Dahlquist QX60C - found through www. Audioshop.on.ca). Lower end speakers generally do not have this feature, which separates the high and low frequencies to virtually eliminate distortion. This receiver also offers bass boost to provide fuller, richer sound through all sources. I even managed to hook up my old Hitachi record player, which actually sounds better than CD (always has anyway). I could find no fault with this system and definitly give it a 5/5 for its price range.

Purchased At:   Futureshop Canada (B

Submitted by jazzerjohn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
My tears of grief over the death of my 30-year old receiver were quickly turned to grins as I unpacked the new 7010. What I ran into trouble with in looking for a new unit was a receiver that combined the "old" with the "new." This unit was one of few in the lower price range that has a magnetic phono input as well as all the "new stuff" inputs. I bought the unit as a close-out in Dec. 2002, since the 2003 models were also now on the shelf. When hooked up (easy) and cranked up, the first thing that stuck me was the clarity of sound as well as the pronounced stereo separation. I need to fiddle a little bit more with the sound enhancement...the bass is a little weaker than I'm used to, but I think that's just a matter of tweaking or investing in a subwoofer. It performs flawlessly, and has some really nicely thought out advantages like the attenuator for the bass signal in case it distorts...little tweaks like that are usually only found in higher priced models. And the phono input works great with no appreciable drop in volume level when switched between various components. All in all, a solid value, and with a 2 yr. parts AND labor warranty, the choice for me was a no brainer.

Purchased At:   Rex

Submitted by brad a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
great value for money. for someone like me who just likes to sit down and watch a dvd or listen to music every now and then its perfect. i bought this with no idea what it would be like and i was pleasantly surprised.

Purchased At:   the good guys

Submitted by masonsjax a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Purchased At:   online