Denon AVR-75 A/V Receivers

4.78/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

"AC-3 Ready" A/V Receiver

Submitted by Huy Tran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
If you own any kind of Klipsch speakers, this receiver is for you. The Denon AVR75 receiver and the Klipsch speakers are a match made in heaven. From movies to music, the Denon out perform any Yamaha anyday. This receiver makes me want to listen to it all day. The sound is incredible. It make the Klipsch sound so clear and crispy. Bottom line is that I am just in love with my Denon AVR75 and my Klipsch speakers.

Purchased At:   Conn's Appliance

Submitted by Manash Sengupta a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is awesome - clear sound with lot of good power. It's great, simple and clear and that's why I have always liked dennon stuff.
recommended to anyone who can still find it.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
If your looking for excellent audio quality for both music and movies, then look no further. The Denon AVR-75 combines both beautiful sound and some pretty cool features. Stereo processing is clean and smooth, never sounding harsh or distorted when paired with my AR-216 PS mains. Personally I think it sounds just as good or better than any amp in its class (originally priced at around $400). DSP's are also very effective at creating ambient effects. I also really like the 5 channel stereo. I am getting Dolby Digital from my Sony 530D DVD player and the 5.1 imputs on the Denon. It works well this way, so I really can't say the Denon's lack of internal Dolby Digital decoding is to much of a weakness. Overall I can't say enough how pleased I have been with this receiver. I would gladly put it up against the likes of Yamaha, Onkyo, or any other receiver of its class...or nmaybe even beyond its class!

Submitted by B.A. a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
I thought it was time to put in my 2 cents on this AVR. As a couple of theother reviewers here have said, the AVR-75 is completely identical to the higher
priced 1400. I to called Denon, plus I called their parts dept. Everything
is the same. At first, I was going to buy a built in DD receiver and I took
the time to listen to several through speakers I own, Infinity RS5's. Then I
came across this DD ready receiver at Sears marked down because it had been
returned and also was on clearance from normal retail of $450 to $184. I
actually paid $170+tax, no kidding. This was 2 months ago. I have now seen
new ones on sale at Sears for $299. Jump on it if you want a great value on a
high quality sounding AVR, better than Onkyo and Yamaha. You can upgrade later.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Pierce Kateeb a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have been working in the audio department at Sears for 3 years. You would think by now I can tell a good product from another. Well, I do (at least I hope). I always had a mini system but decided that it was time for me and my brother to each get a real system. I have been keeping an eye on a reciever for some time, and I would have to say I found the best one. From the recievers we carry, such as Sony, Yamaha, Panasonic, JVC, only one stood out; that was the Denon AVR-75. I love this thing! It has features that I could not find in the other receivers we have. At $545 regular price, you can assume you are getting a quality product. It may not have the highest power, but it still can provide crisp, sharp sound. I plan on purchasing an Advent 250 watt powerd sub which should make this system rock hard. Right now I got a pair of Sony 415 speakers and Advent surround/center speakers. Over all, if you can still find one, get it. Even though it is not a DD reciever, you can always purchase a DVD with a built in decoder. I would have to give it an easy five stars.

TARA LABS: