Denon AVR-5700 A/V Receivers

4.5/5 (208 Reviews) MSRP : $2800.00

- Dolby Digital decoding - dts decoding - THX 5.1 and 4.0 post-processing - Dual 32 bit Analog Devices SHARC DSP processors - 24 bit 96 kHz premium Burr-Brown DACs on all 6 channels - ALPHA 24 bit processing on front (L,R) channels - 140 Watts x 5 channels - Eight channel (7.1) inputs for future surround formats - Eight channel (7.1) pre-amp outputs for full system upgrade capability

Submitted by Shane a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
Killer receiver. Great in all ways. Sounds like you have a powerful amp connected separately.

Submitted by Jay Hyde a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
THE BEST I've ever used

Submitted by scottbicknell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2008

Bottom Line:
Best Reciever i've ever heard. Period.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by jc-co a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
I am currently looking for a low-mid level receiver for second system 5.1 in living room. So overwhelmed by too many products so found this site to help me along.
I input th Denon AVR 5700 since it's been great & am quite pleased with my purchase.
I get comments of what a great unit it is but never really knew what I found.

Seems like $ 150 was a complete steal?

Happened along it by chance & stopped @ garage sale where entire system was $ 500. Should have bought everything.
Glad to get a perfect AVR 5700 for $ 150.00

Purchased At:   Garage sale

Submitted by Daniel Bolubash a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver without a remote on eBay for 500.00. After shipping and taxes plus buying a new remote the total cost was about 700.00.I am generally pleased with it at this price however I feel the THX mode sounds flat at higher volumes compared to the Yamaha RX-V795 I was using before.I have a 1989 Mitsubishi M AV2 external Receiver that I use to power a second pair 3 way speakers. It puts out phenominal amounts of power for its conservative 200 watt RMS rating.It can even power 2 sets of front speakers at full volume without clipping or crashing. They just don't make stuff like this anymore. My dual long throw JBL powered (250 watt times 2) subwoofers cranked harder with the Yamaha, having to be turned down from 0 to between -5 to -12 db.With the Denon I've got the subs set at max +12 db and still don't get the house shaking I had before especially playing movies like Die Hard or True Lies.I find the sound more dynamic in Pro Logic mode.I just bought a used Yamaha RX-V995 on eBay for 361.00 shipped to replace the 795 I put in the bedroom.I like the 5 channel stereo mode but am seriously thinking of putting the Denon in the bedroom and putting the Yamaha in the livingroom.The preamp outs put out a stronger signal on the Yamaha than the Denon. The volume control on the Denon can't be cranked up to a 1% distortion level which would definately give it the punch I can get out of the Yamaha.

Purchased At:   eBay