Denon AVR-2400 A/V Receivers

4.2/5 (45 Reviews) MSRP : $699.00

Submitted by mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
love this system i got it from my step dadd after he passed an it is amazing i havent seen it lack in any way the only problem is i need to get better speakers the ones ive got exept my definitive audio speakers cant hang with the volume i turn it up and they hold on until i get to around -20 when the sound begins to destort
but still bugs the naighbores lol :) drounds out my enoying nephews to just crank it up and they cant speak loud enoph to bug me

Submitted by Ben a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Ok I have had the AVR-2400 for as long as I can remember. I bought it 4 or 5 years ago for $799. Originally I had it hooked up to a pair of Paradym home theater speakers but I didn't like the sound, it wasn't full enough I suppose, so I went to a music store and shelled out over $1,700 for 3 pairs of Alesis studio monitors. What I ended up with was a godly stereo from H***. This thing rocks. It hasn't been turned off since I bought it (over 5 years ago) and it will still piss the neighbors off:)

Purchased At:   Audio World

Submitted by lonnie coffey a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really like my 2400 denon one problem I`m having. My center channel go`s in and out I`ve checked everything out but it still comes and go`s.Has anyone had or have the same problem????

Purchased At:   Goodvibes

Submitted by Judoff a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
After hearing a great deal about the Denon family of AV receivers, I decided to acquire a used one for my guest room. While the AVR-2400 was overkill for a 19 x 22 room, I wanted all of the other features.

I started by coupling the receiver with my old Bose 301 speakers. These tired speakers suddenly sounded bright and crisp. After connecting a subwoofers, rear speakers and a Toshiba 309 DVD player, I put it to the test with True Lies. The seperation was astounding. The power to all 5 channels was precise and accurate. The entire experience was beyond pleasing, it was thrilling. This could be the best $200 I have spent on audio.

Submitted by Chris Brockman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
I originally had an AVR-1400 and was very happy with it. As I was researching to buy a DVD player, I realized I wanted Dolby Digital but didn't have a lot of cash to spend and wanted to stick with Denon; but Denons with decoders built in are above my current budget. Solution -- buy a player with a decoder and an older Denon with 6-channel inputs. The 2400 was the answer. I got a Toshiba SD-2200 for $240 and this on eBay for $185, what a combo! The 2400 has plenty of power, it's 75Wx5 easily outdoes the 100Wx5 of the mass market Best Buy receivers. The great big heatsink and capacitors inside tell you this is a real amp. Sounds clear (a bit bright sometimes) and detailed, never distorts or colors the sound. I love the personal-memory included on all Denons, the settings for each mode stay where they were. S-video switching is a plus, but a couple more A/V inputs would be nice. The remote learns, so I was able to program DVD controls into a remote that came out way before my player. The one problem with this setup is you are limited to the Dolby Digital adjustments built into the player, and I'm probably missing some bass due to the less-than-ideal bass management of the DVD player. 4.5 stars overall.

Purchased At:   eBay