Denon AVR-1400 A/V Receivers

4.37/5 (30 Reviews) MSRP : $549.00

Submitted by Pavko3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
I had a real good bargain for aprox 300 $ .
I bought the avr-1400 complete with drs-810 dcm-260 and two Denon speakers!!!!!
With those Denon 2-way bass reflex bookshelf speakers I'm satisfied and I hardly listen in suround mode with sub.
Except films or Tiesto /.Armin van Buren. It sounds clear even records though less loudness.
This model is 15 years ,but not obcelete, however no optical in.an other downside is that my multiremote not enable the cdm-260 and drs-810 because the powertoggle has the same code.
In Mono mode you have perfect sound for old records in mono!
For an audio enthusiast this is the outmost set....On the scale of 10....9+

Submitted by dakatabg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
The best of the best! Denon has never disappointed me! The receiver is great! A lot of power and clear sound. No flaws!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by doukhobar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have owned this Denon receiver for four years and it still rocks. I ahve used it to power tow sets of Paradigm speakers, namely the goliath power 90P's. These floor standing speakers have dual built in powered subs so I only use the denon pre-out which does an outstanding job of providing earth shattering base on the paradigm's. The under-rated 55watts per channel put sony and pioneer (have never touched either) to shame who list receivers with 150watts of power which couldnt eeven jog in the same race as the denon. I have turned this thing up so loud that my neighbors down the block can hear it. 55watts? Denon is pretty sweet, I would highyl recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive high-end receiver with good features. I have only used it in 2 channel so I cannot say anyhting about the surround capabilities, but I am sure they are fgood as well. I am now a Denon fan and contemaplting newer, better recivers to power my syste. HAve also used with Paradigm mini monitor 3's and they sounds geeat also. Highs, mids and lows are all represented equally. Could use some more bass thumping there, but I may jsut be used to the dual powered subs. a GOOD BUY.

Purchased At:   Olum's

Submitted by ty_dogg19 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
This Reciever by denon is an upscale model. The reason for this is the 6channel in. I dont personal use this but it's nice to know its there. It has lots of digital soundfields and has Dolby Pro Logic Decoding

Purchased At:   Cash Converters

Submitted by Tobias a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
This amp really rocks!! I have builded a small homecinema with dvd. I have plugged the internal dekoder from the dvd into the 6.ext on the receiver, and I must say I´am impressed. The sound is very clear and quite powerfull. I have also plugged my sony playstation into it, and now it´s totally cool to play Gran Turismo 2. So i you have this amp. and a playstation, then connect those things together, and chose the 5 channel stereo on the amp.
Anyway the DDSC-A on this baby gives the sound a more clear mid tone especially i DOLBY PRO LOGIC!!
I can only recommend one thing. Don´t buy sony, yamaha, onkyo. Buy denon!!

Purchased At:   HIFIKLUBBEN (A hifistore in Denmark)

Atlantic Technology :