Denon AVC-3030 A/V Receivers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $1350.00

Intergated High Current Dolby-Prologic AV System

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
Purchased my AVC-3030 over 15 years ago, and I still won't replace it with any of the new digital surround receivers. It may not have 7.1, but it does have a quality Pro-Logic processsor.

I used to sell home theater systems back in the early 90's, and was so impressed with it, I purchased one for myself.

Creates a great sound stage with the right set of speakers, even at low volume levels. We used to push celestion and Kappa's with this one and never failed to produce. Sounds great with a good pair of headphones too - I use Grado Labs.

This thing is built like a tank, I moved several times with it, and never have a problem!

If you ever find one for sale take advantage of it! It's a steal at todays prices. I paid $750 for mine - 1/2 off employee discount at the time.

Submitted by Audioman00 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
Couldn't agree more with the positive reviews... lots of power and worth every penny..
I just wanted to chime in here for the audio geeks that might buy one of these based on it's high retial ($1350 in 1991) and build quality and or size. This unit actually used 120 watt Sanken large cased tranny's and sports a Torriodal transformer and 2 15,000ufd caps! So, it really does produce 100-110 clean powerful watts~ all day long if needed. Without overheating. The optical class A circuit really cleans up the signal for late at night or just plain low volume levels. Excellent phono stage and headphone stage! Sleek flip down panel, and heavy heavy construction, the lid is like 5lbs by itself and you cannot bend it when it's removed, very strong built unit, and it would cost a guy at least $2k to get a receiver like this in todays market. No tuner, but wth, who uses one of those anymore?

Purchased At:   KSL / Local classifi

Submitted by talldude777 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
Wow! This amp may not have all of the digital stuff, but it is a major powerhouse that has top notch build quality. I feel I got a great deal on e-bay. Stereo mode is great, about 110 clean RMS watts per channel, and you can run a sub also, something most 2 channel receivers are lacking. This thing is way old and still jams! Buy one if you are not ready to hit the digital stage yet, or if you want a monster 2 channel stereo and a sub set up. All of the digital movie stuff is cool, but sometimes it is refreshing to hear music loud and clear!

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by Rick Berdeski a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit in Feb of 96. I couldnt have been more pleased with the power and dependability of the amp. I was told from the seller at the store that the unit had 5 seperate amps which impressed me but I believe now only has 3. It is 2003 right now and after working this pig for 8 years I plan to add a digital processor and not purchase a new amp for all the bells and whistles. A true power house that delivers. Running classic polk audio ls70s and the matched speakers for home theatre. Anyone have a owners manual? I need one! Thanks!

Purchased At:   utica michigan

Submitted by Michael Phair a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
When I first got the unit I began hearing a nasty crackling noise when listening in the Pro-Logic mode. I first thought it was the movie, but after enough time I learned that it was indeed the Amp. The power output is very good with its Class A amplification. But after Nine years, I am still dealing with the occasional crackle.

Purchased At:   Durango Music, Duran