B&K Components AVR307 A/V Receivers

4.45/5 (49 Reviews) MSRP : $3499.00

Dolby Digital ® , THX ® , DTS ® , 6.1 Surround, 7.1 Surround, Surround EX ®

Submitted by beny. krasner a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
Best of the best receiver ever build for a maximum quality of sound you can ask for take it to the Bank
Love it use it enjoy it. 5 ****** STARS.

Submitted by Zino a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Bought new, in box, from a former B&K dealer who was only doing custom home-automation installs at from that time. It's been solidly reliable and sounds great. Watching movies and listening to music through a Denon DVD 5900, a very musical, detailed source, is very satisfying. The B&K has plenty of power for my speakers... they have 12" woofers and are very warm and capable for old ones. The bass response shakes the house, literally. "Subwoofers? We don't need no steenkeen subwoofers!"

Yes, there are the 'clicks' between modes but they don't bother me... probably to protect the circuits from pops, and sounds impressively powerful.

Proper programming and setup is critical. I suspect that some of the less-than-flattering reviews simply hadn't sussed out the proper settings. I had that experience and really had to study the manual but it's well worth it. I've never heard another home theater receiver that comes close. Decidedly upper-middle-fi and a pleasure to own.

I'd love to know how to turn off the speakers when I listen on the headphones, though!

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by bmarcinczyk14 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I was looking for the best reciever on the market that sounds the nearest to seperates. I went to the local tweeter center and thats when I heard about the compation between the B&K AVR 307 and the Denon AVR-5800. I then decided to audition both of them. I have a seperate home theater and stereo set up. So first I decided to audition the musical side of each reciever. So I unpacked the Denon first to hook it up to my D38 Proacs. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean,open, and transparent the sound was. Although it didin't sound quite as good as the Classe seperates I usually use for my Proacs, but good enough for a reciever. I was particularly impressed by the AVR-5800's deep, tight, and well-defined bass. After I turned of the Velodyne sub and ran the proacs with no sub, the 5800 had no trouble driving these high end loudspeakers. Then once I was finished with the audio side of it, I hooked it up to my B&W home theater system. I used the Star Wars DVD as a test. The voice the AVR-5800 produced through my B&W center channle was amazingly real. And when playing Saving Private Ryan the AVR-5800 made it so you really felt like you were in the middle of the fight sence. The explosions were very deep and clear. Now for the B&K. That reciever just didn't give me that same enviorment the AVR-5800 did. The musical side sounded very muddy when running it with my proacs. And the movies just were not as real as the 5800. The explosions sound harsh and had very little extent of bass. I am now very proud that I decided to go with the AVR-5800.

Submitted by mileysubet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
They should put a review for the newer AVR 507 on this sight.

Purchased At:   on line

Submitted by mt10425 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
It's a great receiver. I just sent it in for the upgrade ($465.00) which makes it an AVR 317. Buy the Denon if you must or any of the mass-produced massively marketed equipment that stress effects and wizbang glitter but you won't find a better receiver. B&K stresses the music and expands from there. Mine is a perfect match with my Tannoy speakers. Of course the Synergistic Research Active Master Coupler P/C also helps bring out the best.

Purchased At:   vanns