Aiwa AV D58 Dolby Digital Receiver A/V Receivers

3.52/5 (23 Reviews)

- 80 Watts x 5.
- DTS/Dolby Digital Decoders.
- 2 Digital Inputs.
- DSP with 5 Presets.
- 5.1 Channel Analog Inputs.

Submitted by David Jackson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2014

Bottom Line:
I don't know the model year of this unit. I bought it at a Salvation Army thrift store so I can have music in my shop. I first hooked it up to some McDaniel's HiFi speakers I bought in 1971 and it didn't sound all that great. Then I remembered some KLH Model 4s which I bought new in the 1960s. It sounds better with those. I have an older Sony CD player and a turntable I put away in 1996 and those are the sound sources. I don't have any TV in my shop so can't comment on that. For the price $30; I can't complain.
I don't have a remote for it and am disappointed that some functions don't seem to be available without the remote. However, for garage use it is fine, with my KLH 4s.

Submitted by witney a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this as my budget entry-level 5.1 system after test-driving a friend's model for a full month. During this time I had ample time to get to know the variety of inputs/outputs and general flexibility of the system (all the time concerned with sound quality, thanks to 'What Fi-Fi' magazine).

I would recommend this as a cheap 5.1 system to anyone looking for a quality receiver for next-to-no money. But in reality it would save you in the long run if you dug deeper and went for a more xpensive option if you are in a settled environment for a long-haul.

Get a LONG full warranty!
I didn't, and now 3 years later the power-supply or something internal is trashed, and I'm looking for another Receiver (+long Warranty)!! ;b

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds

Submitted by cramlow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
i got this from my boss.it was an home theater system. the speakers that came with it suck!!! he hated it and got a bose 321. the only problem was the speakers. i hooked my speakers up to it and it sounds a thousand times better

Purchased At:   ????

Submitted by Gaston a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
The sound is a little bit high pitched. Worked fine for two years. Power supply died and now anything works.

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by Cory a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have had absolutely no problems with this receiver. It puts out a perfect amount of power to whichever speakers I connect to it. The DSP feature works fantastically. Don't hold back on purchase.

Purchased At:   Best Buy