Carver Audio CT-26v A/V Preamplifier

3.75/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $650.00

Submitted by Michael Horrocks a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great piece of equiptment... although i have not used it for too long.. i do so far enjoy it. It kicked out more bass than my dad's old carver c-1 pre-amp, and pumped some great bass and not to mention sound of from my dad's phase linear 400 model 3 power amp. Sounded great with my dad's JBL L100's, and i still continue to enjoy them. I plan on getting my own equiptment now, and i am buying them now. My next piece is a Carver M-1.0t power amp, which will be a nice addition to my pre-amp. Carver all the way! although usually pricey, makes a great addition to any home theater selection... highly recommended.

//Mike

Submitted by Sheldon Williams a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Carver followed the keep it simple route when it came to the Ct-26v. It is a compromise that pays off greatly, this preamp is awesome when it comes to reproducing sound. I mean it is basic with only 4 sound fields, bass and treble controls ,but really what more do you need. I purchased it as a intro to mid-fi, surround sound setup from Circuit City. I've used it to drive different power amps and find that it can compete with the best of them. Don't let it get away from you if you happen to come across one,and you like prologic surround sound.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Brian a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've owned this pre-amp since 1996, I purchased itfrom Sound City. I had one problem with this pre-amp,
about 6 months or so after I purchased it, my right
channel died. I sent it back to Carver and it was promptly
repaired. I haven;t had any problems since. I perceive
this pre-amp to be very clean and quiet, not adding
anything to its inputs. Though it is not hi-fi, only
mid-fi.

Submitted by David N a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
Sorry guys, but this thing just doesn't sound great... And why should it? You can get it for under $400 and it sounds like it. No S-video, few A/V inputs, and no digital.. The remote is about as spartan as it gets and there's no bass management whatsoever. It makes a good entry level system for those who don't have a lot of money, but I'd look elsewhere if you've got the money.

Submitted by Jeremy Gillam a

Date Reviewed: May 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
I just purchased this pre-amp for $250 dollars and it is awsome. I used to havea harmon kardon reciever (avr-40)with a carver 705x premier home theater amp and it just doesn't compare. Payed more money
for the harmon Kardon too. Anyway if have a carver 705x premiere
hooked to this bad boy. If want a sound that is very crystal clear and
especially in dolby prologic it fills the room with such delight
It is a wonderful piece of equipment it has nothing wrong with it except
it could of had a sonic holography button on it but besides that i give
it five stars