Aragon Stage One Processor A/V Preamplifier

Aragon Stage One Processor
  • Eight-channel THX Ultra2 Surround Preamplifier
  • Supports 5.1-channel, 6.1-channel, and 7.1-channel decoding, including Dolby Pro Logic II, dtsES-Matrix and Discrete, dtsNEO:6 and THX® Surround EX
  • Crystal 24-bit / 192 kHz DACs for all 8 channels
  • Philips ProntoNEO Touchpanel Learning remote
  • Motorola 56367 DSP engine
  • Analog audio inputs: 7 pair Left / Right gold-plated RCA phono jacks
  • Digital audio inputs: 7 coaxial, 3 Toslink optical
  • Video inputs: 7 composite, 7 S-Video, 3 component video (HD compatible)
  • Multi-channel external audio inputs: 8-channels via DB-25
  • Analog preouts: 8 Gold-plated RCA phono Jacks
  • Record/tape loop outputs: 2 pair Left / Right gold-plated RCA phono jacks
  • Digital audio outputs: 1 Toslink Optical
  • Video outputs: 2 composite, 2 S-Video, 1 component video (HD compatible)
  • Communication and control: RS-232, 12VDC trigger out, IR input

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by thxultra a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2010

Bottom Line:
    This is the best processor I've had so far and I've had many..,too many. Very sweet sound. You could get it used for a good price. The only thing I don't like about it is support. It's been bad since the company was taken over by Klipsch.

Submitted by ofc32748 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
    I had this pre-amp without any problems for many years and got this unit with the 7 channel Aragon amp is call 2007 200 watts x channel x 7 channels I love listen to music very loud for many hours I have the Klipsch RF-7 RC-7 center all around with 4 = RS-7 surround speakers also I have one RSW-12 FTC Rated Power: 625 watts continuous, and other sub 12 Velodyne with 400 watts and when I listen the DVD the Wall from Pink Floyd the house shakes you can fill it on the floor and if u touch the walls they vibrate and also if I listen soft music u can hear every sound like a tiny little bell, is all great to me, stress out for sure.
    Many audiophile can talk bad about any product included this one, but you has have the complete set up to criticize or maybe they are employees from the company they are recommending they talk to technical all I have is my ears I don’t know about the inside parts this products have and I don’t care either I been happy since I got it, the only problem is the Philips neo pronto universal remote control but I don't care to much about it, and am buying one Logitech harmony universal remote control no big deal with me I use mostly the DVD remote to change the music and get up if is to loud some people don't like to stand up any more sometimes I am up jumping and dancing like crazy all I can say is if you get a good deal on it buy it, I know is selling for half the price I pay.
    Also on the 2010 the brand new company Indy Audio Labs, LLC is going to come out with even better products for.

PANAMAX: