Philips TSU500 Remote Controls

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $199.99

Pronto Neo Intelligent Remote Control

Submitted by ozkan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent remote control with great learning capabilities. Althought the sales rep indicated that it would require professional programming I thought it was easy to do so. Mind you, I did spend almost 6 hours to program each of my remotes. Anyway, the software that comes with it is not the most user freindly I have come across, but it did the job. You can add/remove pages, icons, components. You can relabel icons with several font options. Just as an example, I have a Yamaha RX-V995 A/V receiver with this complicated remote. I was able to program the Pronto to select components as well as select DSP's. The same goes for my CD changer. I was able to program each function that I have on the original remote. Keep in mind that the pre-programmed codes do function, but they do not cover all functions. I do recommend using the learning feature for all functions, canned or custom.

All in all an excellent remote.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by dirty red dog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I BOUGHT THIS REMOTE AFTER I HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY SONY3000(see review). THIS IS A GREAT REMOTE. IT WORKS ALL OF MY EQUIPMENT. THE LEARNING FEATURE ON THIS REMOTE FLAWLESS.

Purchased At:   best buy