Zoethecus Audio Audio Component Isolation System (ACIS) Racks & Stands

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by swsmusic30 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have six-shelf and amp stand, the product looks good and cut out distortion
on my LP's and improved on my CD's.
I have Z-slabs on these and Z-pods on tube components.

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased two six-shelf racks as well as an amp stand and the spaces between the shelves were carefully measured to accomodate my current components. Because the shelves are fixed that may pose a problem in the future if components are changed. I ordered the z-slabs for all the shelves and amp stand. I also use Black Diamond Racing shelves in addition to the Zoethecus. I don't have the patience to listen to what my system sounds like with and without some of these items. I will say that the overall sound from my Spectral/Avalon/MIT system is neutral, dynamic, highly resolving and musically involving. The Black Diamond Racing shelves were purchased when I was using the Room Tunes racks. To my ears, the Black Diamond shelves seemed to open up the sound in general so I still use them without really knowing if they are doing anying now that I have the Zoethecus. They certainly don't hurt anything and, for the money I spent, they will continue to be used, benefit or not. Despite the lack of adjustability, unlike the Room Tunes, I prefer these racks to the Room Tunes based largely on aesthetics and the accurate measurments of the shelves. It makes leveling the components much easier than the Room Tunes where you had to adjust and measure the shelves yourself.

Submitted by kosey a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
The best audio stands I have ever seen , and I have looked at a lot of them.

Submitted by Chris Rud a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I don't think racks have as big an influence on sound as some audiophiles, but this rack is hands down the most beautiful piece of audio furniture on the planet.
I love the z. slab shelves, good isolation.

The best!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by phua poo kwang a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have seen the rack in Singapore (home) it look very artistic,appealing and firm. Wanting to buy but dealer are unable to confirmed the colour I wanted, rose wood. I have yet to own one yet however, base on the design I believed the designer had have test run before full production. I could not reach the webside for more details. pls advices.

Wood Technology: