Vantage Point Euro EAW506-B Racks & Stands

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

5-shelf audio rack

Submitted by Doug Love a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
Got this unit 1 week ago. Everything in one box and packaged really well. Every piece came individually wrapped so nothing was scratched in shipment. The unit is easy to assemble and once you have added the last shelf and turned the legs snug, it's a really solid unit. Also comes with spiked feet or pads. The matte black finish looks great and given the price compared to the maple and/or rosewood veneer shelves, at $400, I couldn't see spending the extra.
Forget that wobbly Salamander rack. This one puts it to shame. You won't be disappointed.

Purchased At:   Whitby Audio

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Prior to purchasing this product, I have all of my equipment stacked on an old endtable. I have just purchased a Denon AVR2800, to I thought I would get something a little better than the endtable for my stuff. This unit is simple to set up. It arrived at my house while I was at work. My wife actually put it together before I got home. We didn't fill the legs with sand. This thing is quite stable, even without the sand. This stand seems to be about the same height as the 4 shelf model but it has 5 shelves. This puts less space between the shelves. This might cause some issues if you have tall components. This is a great stand for the money.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by ruben verdugo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
great stand for the money i paid 250 for it and filled the legs with lead shot now it weighs a ton but vibration free i have the all black modle and i love it

Submitted by Rich a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was very interested in the Contours line of racks from Vantage Point. I especially like the rosewood shelf and silver tube combo. The black components would look sharp on this rack. However, the 5-shelf version was about $400 from the dealer. It is nice-looking but not that nice for the money.
I came across the Audio Advisor catalog and site. They had the Euro version of these racks. They are constructed exactly the same. The only difference is the shelf only comes in a black matte finish and the tubes in black. However, the cost is only $250.

With the AA 30-day guarantee, I got one of these. It is very easy to put together with no tools. Simply interconnect the tubes with the shelves and you got yourself a nice, sturdy rack! The weight of this thing was deceiving. It is heavy enough to not use any tube filler or carpet spikes for my mid-fi equipment. There is 7 1/2 inches of clearance between shelves to fit most components. The width is about 24 inches so it is plenty wide.

Sure, the black rack and black components make for a dark combo. However, I think I will paint the metal tubes a silver or crome color. Then put a nice green plant on top. Then it will look better.

The bottom-line is this shelf is high-quality for the money. If I could get the Contours line a bit cheaper, I would have reviewed it and gave it 5 stars. However, my overall satisfaction with this product is 4 stars.

BLG CP024: