Vantage Point Contours Racks & Stands

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

AV Furniture

Submitted by Andrew Keenan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
I think that this is the best stereo stand out there, and that it is well worth the 470 dollars! Vantage Point is well-known for their high-quality furniture, and this is the best-of-the-best!

Purchased At:   Consumer Club

Submitted by Jason Steiner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I hate to admit it, but my audio gear sat on boxes for a year before I found a rack I could live with. I couldn't find anything that seemed worth the money. It was either too small for my components, had too few shelves, shelves of the wrong size, wasn't solid enough, or just looked boring. The few nice things I found cost an order of magnitude more than I could afford.

The Contours is a vast improvement over anything else in its price range. It consists of a modular system of shelves and tubes held together by tensioned steel tie rods within the tubes. The tubes can also be filled with sand or shot, but the racks are quite solid to begin with. You can pick colors to make it as boring (basic black) or obnoxious (in my case, rosewood with silver risers) as you like. My local dealer was able to assemble a rack to my exact specifications within a day, for $100/shelf. It doesn't get much more convenient.

I do prefer solid wood or steel to MDF and veneer, but I have to admit it is nice veneer, and for the price and flexibility nothing else comes close. Until Vantage Point offers the Contour with steel or marble shelves, I'm quite satisfied.

Submitted by Glenn Tate a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the 35" TV model. It was very easy to setup and looks great. I got the maple with red tubes. The maple did not scratch even when placing the TV on top. My dealer could custom order any style or color combo which was great.

Submitted by Dave a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. I got the new cherry veneer in the 5-shelf version, and am relatively pleased. The veneer is somewhat fragile, so be careful not to scrape the edges when putting your components on it. Fortunately, Crayola did a pretty good job of covering the nick, so it's fairly benign. My components sound happier already. I will be moving soon, so I will wait 'til then to fill the tubes with sand. This thing is heavy enough already! I wouldn't expect any less for the price though ($500 for 5-shelf version). All in all, I'd say it's worth ....

Submitted by Two Teez a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a great looking rack that will serve you and your components well.Fit and finish are superb and the company has excellent customer support if you need it.Be sure to fill the support tubes with some type of damping material(coarse blasting sand works very well) and you will be rewarded with a with a very enjoyable listening experience.

FGH 26: