Sorice Asana Rack Systems Racks & Stands

4.78/5 (9 Reviews)

Configurable AV rack systems

Submitted by russp a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased a Sorice Asana system several years ago for a relatively small collection of equipment. The Modular rack design worked reasonably well. Since that time I have upgraded to a reference-quality rack for my high-end 2-channel system, but I am still purchasing and using Asana racks for my "lesser" systems (home theater system, bedroom systems).

Submitted by Judy Y a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I looked at many systems and none were anything like what I wanted. With this rack I could pick different options, including wood finish, and add or subtract options for probably 1/3 the price and it is REAL wood!

Submitted by altoitis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
The most cost effective, highest quality audio rack system available.
I spent months looking for a suitable component rack at local HiFi stores. Most were overpriced and not even suitable for my needs. Asana to the rescue! By chance, I received their brochure in the mail. I purchased the 4R combo rack with 6 black MDF shelves for $239.00 + $19.00 for the optional set of 4 casters to enable me to move the rack for easy access to make connections as components were added or replaced.
I should mention that the steel support columns are SOLID steel, and not hollow, tubular metal.
During shipping, one of the black MDF shelves was damaged. The edge of the shelf was chipped. I called Sorice and they sent a new shelf (at no cost to me, not even shipping charges) which I received in two days. I offered to ship back the damaged shelf but they told me that wasn't necessary. How's that for customer service?
I am going to convert my vertical 6 shelf rack to a horizontal unit and it will only cost me a few dollars to do so since Sorice has all the necessary parts to make such a conversion a snap.
Do yourself a favor and check Sorice out before you spend two to three times as much for lesser quality.
My highest recommendation for quality and service... You will not find a friendlier group of mail order people to do business with anywhere.

Submitted by mbtlriley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I agree with all the other Sorice customers here. I own an Aragon 8008X5 power amp and needed it to fit in a rack with all my other AV gear. The amp is 24 inches deep and nothing out there would accommodate it. Sorice built a custom shelf, which included three pair of feet, for strength and stability. This rack holds two power amps (including the Aragon), a Tice Power block, large AV controller, DVD-Audio player, subwoofer amp, S-VCR, Laser Disc Player, cassett deck , an Outlaw ICBM unit, and a satelite receiver. The shelves are oak and match the Pioneer rear projector it sits next to and it looks beautiful. The unit is strong, sturdy, and upgradable for future add-ons. This thing is amazing.

No other company could help me for less than $1800. Sorice came through. I custom designed the spacing to perfectly hold all my equipment and I had the satisfaction of putting it together. I purchased the combo 6R rack and added the custom shelf all for under $500. Sorice gives you the option of standard feet, spikes, or wheels. I chose both the spikes and the wheels but installed the wheels.

The sales staff are especially pleasant to work with. They make you feel like they really care. Thank you Sorice.

Submitted by sid vootla a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am very pleased with this rack and the service from sorice. I looked into racks from various manufacturers before I decided on this rack. It is very sturdy, though the vibration damping is not the best. I have also added onto my rack from time to time (very easy to add/assemble compared to the salamander product)as I could afford and the modularity of this rack is probably the best in class. The quality of the shelves (I bought the black MDF) and the steel supports is excellent. The service from their sales folk is second to none, especially in the mail order business. Overall I strongly recommend this rack over the other similarly priced racks.

MS 1400W: