Finite Elemente Pagode Racks & Stands

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Rack system constructed to match both audiophile and design aspects. Made from solid Canadian maple and aluminium. Flexible in number of levels, height, width and load capacity. Exclusive workmanship.

Submitted by audiophi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the Finite Elemente Ceraball because it doesn't have its own category on this web site. I hadn't tried vibration control products before, so I ordered both $125 Cerballs and the $300 Stillpoints with the intention of returning whichever was less effective. The Stillpoints had no real effect on my Musical Fidelity integrated amp, but added a good but curiously dry clarity and articulation to my Wadia CD player. When the Ceraballs arrived, I tried them under the CD player and found the music flat and uninteresting. After my experience with Stillpoints I didn't expect to see any effect on the amp, but what do you know. The Ceraballs gave the soundstage an enhanced 3D effect in the best sense. Female vocalists now have a palpable presence, and on the best recordings I feel like I could reach into the soundstage and put my arms around her. I well-recorded acoustic bass also has a presence such that I feel like I could reach out and rap my knuckles on the wood. The Ceraballs also gave a distinct overall improvement to musicality, with better timbre and a luscious kind of clarity different from the Stillpoints. Bottleneck guitar is better articulated, with distinct notes rather than the previous muddled metallic sound. Vocals sound a bit more sensuous and therefore more human. Ceraballs provide a much bigger effect than I ever expected.

Purchased At:   Music Direct

Submitted by Brutschy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
while the first review was wriiten by one of the producers, I must say it is a nice stand but prohibitively expensive.

Submitted by Luis Fernandes a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
The pagode° rack system is designed to give the audio system a resonance damped and controlled environment, so that the sonic capabilities of each audio component can evolve to its maximum.
Knowing this, I must say that the whole system benefits in a sense that the sound gets positively stress free. The soundstage increases in width and depth, the dynamic range increases too, by letting the music play with much more detail, and therefor more feeling and passion. The energy inherent in many recordings isn't limited anymore, it emerges freely from the speakers. Serious music listeners should have a try on this!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile