Bello SP224 Speaker Stands- 24" Holds up to 100 lbs. Racks & Stands

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Holds up to 100 lbs. supports up to 100 lbs.,speaker wire guides help minimize cable clutter

Submitted by JohnMichael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have been looking for speaker stands to support my MFSL OML1 speakers. My search was originally for a higher end fully welded stand. I must admit that the style of the Bell'O caught my eyes and the price was very good. I thought I would try a pair while I continued my search.

The top plate is welded to the two upright supports. One of the uprights is a hollow rectangular steel support and the rear upright support is round. The two upright columns bolt to the base. Most of the weight is in the base and you have a choice between carpet piercing spikes or soft feet for wood or tile floors. The spikes can be adjusted at the base. There are no spikes for the top plate. I used round flat rubber discs at each corner of the top plate to secure the speaker. I did not use the supplied Velcro because I did not want to stick anything to the bottom of the speaker

The stand is true to height at 24 inches tall. I measured my other stands and they were either shorter or taller than it's specs. I initially compared the Bell'O stands with a pair of Sanus EF 24 stands. The Sanus is a single column stand and if you bump the speaker or stand you can see the speaker sway. Once the speakers were on the SP224 I intentionally bumped the speakers and there was much less sway and it stopped much quicker. The Bell'O stands are more rigid. I think between the two different shapes of columns combined with attaching to the base at two different places contributes to the greater rigidity.

If stands contribute to the sound of your speakers the benefit to my ears is better focus and soundstaging. The stands are midway in height between my 22 inch and 24 inch stands. The Sanus as mentioned were taller than advertised. Now that I have 24 inch stands the speakers are at a better height when I am seated in my chair. So the benefits of proper height and the rigidity of the stands have improved imaging and soundstaging.

The speakers are easy to assemble. The style is unique and different from many speaker stands. They are affordable for their level of quality and rigidity.

They are not designed to be mass loaded.

Premier Mounts: