Atlantis Reference Rack 5 Audio Rack

Submitted by Jason H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just set this rack up tonight and I absolutely love it. Its extremely solid, and shows off my components very well. I went with the Rosewood finish on the shelves and am extremely happy. The finish on the shelves and metal stand are flat - nothing flashy; it is after all, a component stand...

Submitted by Jackson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Got new CJ pre/amp & and Arcam CD player so decided to get a nice looking rack & support Canadian economy at the same time.

The Reference series use MDF platforms resting on isolation screws although the "cherry" color I got seems rather dull. Nonetheless aesthetically it's quite benign and my wife quite like the overall appearance of it in the living room--sturdy looking without being intrusive. The silvery colored audio components (esp. the CJs) stand out nicely.

The one but serious complaint about this rack is the fact that one of the four pillars (or posts, you'd call them) was not properly tapped: the holes where the screws would fit were not threaded...which made set up impossible. Unfortuantely that fact was recognized only when the rack was half built and all the components (including the CD player & amps) were lying in a chaotic mess on the floor in my living room... and that means I couldn't even listen to the CJs that I had just bought!!!

It was lucky that whoever at Atlantis looking after customer complaints/manufacturing was on break when I called the next morning...would have given him/her a piece of my mind...

Fortunately for some reason my dealer has a spare post in the store that was properly tapped. The scratch on the spare could be hidden and I was happy enough not to have to wait over that weekend (without any music) for the replacement post to be shipped from Quebec.

This rack is a very nice piece of equipment/furniture but I was very disappointed with the quality control of the manufacture of this product.

Purchased At:   Fairview Hi Fi