Vibrapodisolators Vibrapod isolators accessory Others

3.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by jolen1aub a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
After 3 years listening to the same system and music materials which I thought was very good at the time. Boy, was I very wrong after investing on 8 pcs of Model 2 of these vibrapods. Installed 4 under my tube preamp and 4 on my tube phono preamp (in a sandwich config. as described on the product manual).
Its like having a new setup. Soundstage was more evident and focused. You can crank up your system without hurting your ears. Bass was punchier and pronounces. Every sound that came out was more cleaner. "PRAT" is all improved. Enjoyed listening to my LPs even more and longer. SWEET....... Best low cost investment I've ever made.
Word of caution! Make sure to place a liner or whatever underneath each pods as they will smear.

Purchased At:   Music Direct

Submitted by jckrhodes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I feel I need to endorse these. Especially after reading the last review. Please note the following:
1) Pods come in a set of 4 for $6.00.

2) For each catagory the weight carrying
capacity is per "pod" EG. #1 carries 2-4 lbs. per "pod". So an object weighing 10 lbs. would need a minimum of 3 #1's.

3) Even vibrapods own literature tells you to put something under them when in use. If you don't you will get stains on things, even furniture with them.(please note that this is only from the bottom,or flat, part). I recommend using AOL CDrom disks under them. They are free at places like target that have AOL display stands, and they work great!

4) Seems to work just as good as "BlueTack" but without the mess.

These things REALLY, REALLY, REALL, do work. I have noticed a big difference in the sound and picture from my DVD player. But, if your ears are not use to the difference it can be hard to spot. I know that what I did was listen with them in place for about a week. Then I removed them to see if I could tell a difference.

Yes, I could. First of all, the picture on movies was cleaner. Not as fuzzy and the colors seemed to be just a little more saturated. Second, sound: I noticed a more tightly defined sound stage with less image smear and more depth to the bass region especially from about 200-400Hz. Even the bass from 150 and lower was punchier and not as muddy in sound. This is probably due to the dampening of vibration.

I can only recommend these for components the have a vibration to them or can be effected by them. Such as DVD,cassette deck, Speakers, or Turn table for those with LPs.

My advice is to try it. I think, keeping the above cations in mind, that you will be pleasantly suprized.

Purchased At:   a,musicdirect.com

Submitted by Dan a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
What a joke these things are, they continue to bleed off there black goo that will stain anything they touch I mistakenly laid one on my bedspread and almost got a divorce over it . they left circular stains that will never come out
because of the black goo crap that continues to bleed from them.
Put wax paper between then and the surface they rest on, forget it, they'll just bleed through and not only that they'll
cut deep into the wood surface under the wax paper even if you double or triple the wax paper.
And having to use wax paper to me will just increase the harmonic vibration. If I could give them a minus 5 I would
for the butt chewing I got for destroying my wife favorite bedspread. I can't give a sonic comment until I see a fix for
the black goo, that won't wash off with soap, rubbing alcohol, or put through the wash. Go back to the drawing board
guys!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by S.D. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
I highly suggest placing these beneath any type of speaker if the situation permits . By putting 4 pods between both speakers and the top platforms of spiked speaker stands you'll hear a deeper , wider soundstage , better separation ( focus ) , tighter bass , drums , and many other improvements as well . The " PODS " also can be placed between bottom of floor standing speakers and floor ( need to make platform for placement on rugs ) . They come in 4 weight categories : no. - 1's ( 2-4 lbs) , 2's ( 4-8 lbs.) , 3's ( 8- 12 lbs. ) , etc . EXAMPLE : If speakers weigh 10 pounds each would use 4 no. 1's per speaker . The pods coast $ 6.00 each with a 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied . Go to www.vibrapod.com for more details .

Submitted by Jeff a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 1999

Bottom Line:
Around a year ago I reviewed this wonderful product and would like to say these are the real deal at the cost of only $ 6.00 per pod . These feet ( pods )when placed under audio / video components , any type of speakers , or stands will enhance their performance like any other accessory such as interconnets (patch cords) , speaker wires , etc. . They also have a 30 day money back guarantee and part of proceeds go to several different charities . So what do you have to lose . 4 1/2 stars for nothing is perfect .

Premier Mounts: