Home | Reviews | Others | Sharp

Sharp MDR3H Others

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by navneet bains a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Lets me just say one thing. Oh balle balle!!! oh chuck de phatey! Nah,,,,, This md-r3 is proper badd-ass. The sound quality is as good as it can be considering it was off the back of a lorry. The stylis texture of the vagina i mean md deck completes the ultimate md deck. you must must MUST buy this or else...................

Purchased At:   dixon

Submitted by Daniel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
This review goes for the MD-R2 : I have it connected to a digital i/o card in my PC and it works marvels for me, though I have had it for a relatively short time I have burned multiple MD without a single problem, the 20 bit goes along with the 24 bit of my Sharp portable and the final sound is really excellent, esp. considering that mainly the files come from downloaded mp3. In the machine, the display is really big and with a very sensitive jog dial that let´s you title your MD/songs in really no time, the deck comes also with a record level knob (if you do also analog recordings) and a phones jack w/level. I personally believe that Sharp is the best in MD and this is no exception. Solid. I give it a 4 for the lack of more digital in/outs.

Submitted by Kasper Grevsen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
Just got this MD at sale last friday (Sharp MD-R2 posting the review here because there was no page for this model). Unfortunately it had problems right out of the box. Tried 15 minidisc already recorded at my Sony portable. No go! This Shark just ate the discs - chewed on them for 20+ seconds and spit them into the ocean again. Refeeding it maybe three or four times would sometimes help.

Hmm thought it might be a fault in the Sony portable damaging the discs so I bought some brand new MDs and recorded on the Sharp: Sometimes recording went fine, but then a UTOC W ERROR would destroy everything. Sometimes managed to record two or three tracks, but yet the Sharp had huge trouble reading the discs. Sometimes recording went fine and the discs were readable in my portable - but still unreadable in the Sharp. Sometimes using secret rituals *s* it was possible to play back a part of the discs only to discover that it skips. I never had any problems with my Sony portable execp for short-lived batteries.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And worst of all this is nothing new: Check out www.minidisc.org -> problems to read lots of similar stories. One guy even returned his unit and got a replacement with the exact same faults!

I strongly disadvice anyone to buy this model: Sharp MD-R2H

Kasper

Submitted by Mike a

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I received the MD-R3 as a replacement from Sharp after purchasing a defective MD-R2. So far, my experience with the unit has been excellent. The CD mechanism could be faster, but that's the sacrifice made when using trays rather than a carousel setup. For what this unit's selling for right now, it's a great deal too.

Submitted by TRG a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had Sharp's MD-R3 3 CD/ 1 MD player/recorder for almost one month now. I got an excellent deal on it at www.onsale.com. ($245 shipped!!!) First of all, I would like to say that the capabilities of this unit are awesome! Also it puts out wonderful sound. With the optical in and out and the coaxal in, you just can't ask for better quality sound. I have really enjoyed the MD format, and this unit really utilizes it well with track naming, move/delete/combine/divide...I could go on and on. Anyway, this unit is an excellent deal for those just getting into MD, or for those who have been using the format. I would recommend this unit to anyone interested in digital quality, MD capabilities, and at an excellent price(much more inexpensive than JVC's version) I definately give it *****!!!

MS 1400W: