Proton 300 Others

4.82/5 (11 Reviews)

Radio

Submitted by Earthling a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
This is very honourable product of the late founder Mr C. C. Wong of Taiwan. He manaaged more than a company, he managed with depth and caring for all of his employees. His values are truly not found in todays economy where quality is a disposable accomodation for present consumers.

This is a superior table/ book shelf radio with an external matching powered speaker system. It is awsum in depth and tone quality. Simplistic with volunne, AM/ FM and Tape input and a Tape out connection. This very heavy and perfectly matched radio with its [optional] external powered speaker is a perfect match for the quality minded.

Submitted by byrdbryant01 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
Hey there, I recently purchased a Proton 300 from a friend of mine for $25.00. I just thought it was kinda cool looking and I needed a radio for my bedroom. I guess nieghter of us actually knew what quality we had. Since I've owned I decided to do alittle research and find out what I have here. This little heavy box has incredible sound, the tuning knob is nice and wieghty, I now see that it can also accomodate a tape or CD player. with this sound quality that is going to be awesome. This is really a great little investment that I made on accident. I'm not a big stereo buff so I don't know what it's worth or anything I just know it's the best $25.00 I've ever spent.

Submitted by csacred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2008

Bottom Line:
I only listen to my local Jazz and Classical radio stations and this Proton 300/301 sounds FANTASTIC to my ears (that's coming from someone whose main stereo system consists of a VTL tube amplifier, Kef 104.2 speakers, rega jupiter CD player and other serious cables/interconnects).
The overall tonal balance of the Proton is just superb. The sound is full blown, deep, organic, dynamic (including at low volume) and NEVER fatiguing.
If Classical music sounds unusually good on the Proton, Jazz is so good that it gets addictive quite quickly!

The Proton radio has a tape in on the back so I experimented with an ipod and my Rega CD player. The ipod sounded thin but it could very well be because of my cheap and too long of a cable. The Rega on the other hand sounded VERY GOOD (not as good as within my main system but still, impressive).

When I see Proton sets going for under $100, I can't help thinking this combo is one of the best bargains out there.

Submitted by Domenic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've puchased the 300/301 combo from my brother back in the early eighties and it's been a main source of listning pleasure ever since.
I've always been impressed with the duo and over the years pushed it pretty hard until finally three or four years ago the mid woofer on one of the units gave out.
Not wanting to give up on the unit, I searched for a replacement upgrade for both the mid woofers and the tweeters.
After countless hours of searching I finally found what looked to be the perfect fit from the Dutch company Viffa.
The mids barely fit in with only minor modifications and the tweeters fit right in,.
The results were just amazing!! I was totally blown away, I had no idea this baby could sound this good
I even used the unit for an outdoor dance party last year with a sub woofer and played it with the volume 3/4 ways up for the whole night and it performed amazingly well.
I recommend an upgrade to anybody who owns this radio you won't regret it.

Purchased At:   From Brother

Submitted by beken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
I've never seen this radio before but was in the market for a table radio for the kitchen. I was considering getting a Tivoli. Saw this radio on the $10(CDN)table at a garage sale and asked to check if it worked. This box sure was heavy. It sounded great...even outside. It pulled in the stations I wanted. So I bought it and hauled it home.

Purchased At:   Garage sale

Anyone need this gizmo? It's $25, down from over $300!!

[url=http://www.amazon.com/LG-ANWL100W-Digital-Streamer-Compatible/dp/B003I6718M/ref=sr_1_49?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1355406944&s=merchant&sr=1-49]Amazon.com: LG ANWL100W Digital Device 1080P Media Streamer[Compatible with 2010 LG TVs: Warehouse Deals[/url] I'm looking for an audio version of ... Read More »

300 (History Rewritten)

The 2007 fantasy-action film [i]300[/i] is probably one of those type of movie which some reviewers will love for its unique visual and super action scenes, or some that don't care for because of its historical inaccuracy and political incorrectness. After seeing the movie couple of times, I sa ... Read More »

Emotiva launches XDA-1 $300 DAC

Emotiva has finally launched the XDA-1 DAC. Available now for pre-order on the Emotiva website. The cost is $300... [url]http://emotiva.com/xda1.shtm[/url] I pre-ordered mine as I want a separate DAC for my living room system... I now use my Benchmark DAC1 exclusively as DAC and Headphone Amp ... Read More »

Vestax VCI-300 DJ Controller with Serato ITCH Black

WE ARE WHOLESALE SUPPLIER OF DIFFERENT MODELS OF DJ EQUIPMENTS SUCH AS PIONEER,SAMPLER,SPEAKER,NEEDLES,NUMARK,ROLAND KEYBOARDS & MIDI = WORKSTATIONS,KEYBOARD SYNTHESIZERS,TECHNICS,DENON AND MANY MORE IN STOCKS FOR SALE.ANY INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD CONTACT US AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS: [email]musicsto ... Read More »

300+ wpc, brand new: $420

I've just comlete my first semi-DIY amplifier. It's working great! :) I was/am very a happy with my Monarch Audio SM-70 Pro monoblocks, but I undertook this build with a few objectives in mind: [LIST=1] [*]I wanted a fairly simple, first audio project to amuse me in my recent retirement. [*]I wa ... Read More »

FGH 26: